Hello, I can't seem to find any info about this, but I have found that ... General Blackberry forum

technerd no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Group contacts - Outlook to Blackberry

Hello, I can't seem to find any info about this, but I have found that one can create groups on the Blackberry itself.

What I'm looking to do is use a pre-existing group from Outlook contacts on a Blackberry.

We have ~20 users, a BES server (latest version), and users have either a curve or pearl, T-Mobile is the carrier...

All I've been able to find out is that it doesn't seem possible. Is that really true? I thought everything was able to be sync'd b/w Outlook and a BB???

If not, that's ok, it's not a huge deal, I was mostly just curious. If there is a way, has anyone figured it out??? I'd really appreciate some info if there's a way to do this... Thanks!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Group contacts - Outlook to Blackberry

Hmm, our BES allows us to use our email groups defined in AD. For example, I can address an email to "*help" and it will send a message to all members of that distribution list. I can also look them up from my address book. Is that what you mean?

I do know that we haven't been able to make a list in my outlook and have it autosync to my phone though.

~via BB (

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2

I've tried various methods too, from making different categories to different groups on Outlook and syncing to BB. BB displays all contacts though and I can't separate certain groups nor categories.

One method we've used is make the last name of a certain group to be the same, as in "Aa" or "Acct", then place their full names on the firstname space - search on BB is then a lot easier.

Sounds weird, but I hope somebody can come up with a better and working solution . . .

technerd no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies!

Ok, I figured it out. I was pretty darn sure that our global address book had a group that would suit this user's needs, and it does....

The problem was that this person I was helping was searching for a group he'd created in his personal contacts ...which wasn't searchable over the air...
    Showed him how to do a "lookup" while composing a message and that there was a (very very nearly) identical group in our "GAL" which could be used... problem solved...

These little wonders of technology are pretty cool - especially when they work the way they should

karbrock no está en línea Stack level 1
    But I have a distribution group in my personal outlook contacts that doesn't show up in the address book of the BB. Is there a way to make the address book include groups?

Gawayne no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down No solution - local distribution groups & bes server with exchange

I've been looking for a solution to this for some time now.

The only workaround I've found is for the user in question to send me (IT) a list of all the users he needs in a group and make a universal distribution list in AD filled with Contacts of the nondomain users. This is *not* a great, or even a good, workaround, especially since every time the Exchange policy pops, it automatically recreates the local email accounts that would normally be created for email users. The contacts end up having their not sent to and instead it sits in their account, waiting for retrieval.

Not acceptable.

I'd love to have a true solution to this, one which the end user can manage in their own outlook or BB device, which carries over to the other.