Hello, I can't seem to find any info about this, but I have found that ... General Blackberry forum

technerd no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Group contacts - Outlook to Blackberry

Advertisement

Hello, I can't seem to find any info about this, but I have found that one can create groups on the Blackberry itself.

What I'm looking to do is use a pre-existing group from Outlook contacts on a Blackberry.

We have ~20 users, a BES server (latest version), and users have either a curve or pearl, T-Mobile is the carrier...

All I've been able to find out is that it doesn't seem possible. Is that really true? I thought everything was able to be sync'd b/w Outlook and a BB???

If not, that's ok, it's not a huge deal, I was mostly just curious. If there is a way, has anyone figured it out??? I'd really appreciate some info if there's a way to do this... Thanks!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Re: Group contacts - Outlook to Blackberry

Hmm, our BES allows us to use our email groups defined in AD. For example, I can address an email to "*help" and it will send a message to all members of that distribution list. I can also look them up from my address book. Is that what you mean?

I do know that we haven't been able to make a list in my outlook and have it autosync to my phone though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

knightberlin no está en línea Stack level 2

I've tried various methods too, from making different categories to different groups on Outlook and syncing to BB. BB displays all contacts though and I can't separate certain groups nor categories.

One method we've used is make the last name of a certain group to be the same, as in "Aa" or "Acct", then place their full names on the firstname space - search on BB is then a lot easier.

Sounds weird, but I hope somebody can come up with a better and working solution . . .

technerd no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks for the replies!

Ok, I figured it out. I was pretty darn sure that our global address book had a group that would suit this user's needs, and it does....

The problem was that this person I was helping was searching for a group he'd created in his personal contacts ...which wasn't searchable over the air...
    Showed him how to do a "lookup" while composing a message and that there was a (very very nearly) identical group in our "GAL" which could be used... problem solved...

These little wonders of technology are pretty cool - especially when they work the way they should

karbrock no está en línea Stack level 1
    But I have a distribution group in my personal outlook contacts that doesn't show up in the address book of the BB. Is there a way to make the address book include groups?

Gawayne no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down No solution - local distribution groups & bes server with exchange

I've been looking for a solution to this for some time now.

The only workaround I've found is for the user in question to send me (IT) a list of all the users he needs in a group and make a universal distribution list in AD filled with Contacts of the nondomain users. This is *not* a great, or even a good, workaround, especially since every time the Exchange policy pops, it automatically recreates the local email accounts that would normally be created for email users. The contacts end up having their blahblah@yahoo.com not sent to and instead it sits in their blahblah@mydomain.net account, waiting for retrieval.

Not acceptable.

I'd love to have a true solution to this, one which the end user can manage in their own outlook or BB device, which carries over to the other.