I am now among the ranks of those incompitent, neglectful, careless BB owners who tried ... General Blackberry forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Grateful for Pinstack, Quick Reflexes, and hot, dry AZ..a BB survival story

Advertisement

I am now among the ranks of those incompitent, neglectful, careless BB owners who tried to give a BB a drink of morning coffee!!!

I had my hands full, purse, big mug of coffee in one hand, BB in the other...needed to open the door and thoughtlessly stuck my poor BB in my other hand.....wedged halfway under my cup of very full coffee......well the next thing I knew my coffee started sloshing over the edge of my cup and into the keyboard of my 8130 Pearl

Thankfully I had been here on Pinstack enough so I knew just what to do. I flipped my BB overshook off the coffee that was resting on the keys, powered it off ASAP, removed the battery and cover. I then proceeded to gently tap out as much of the coffee as I could.....used one of my very thin spatulas(bookbinding tools, not cooking spatulas )and a small piece of paper towel an gently went between the keys and cleaned out as much as I could.

I then placed my BB outside to enjoy a hot, dry Arizona morning. I brought her inside every 30 minutes for a session with my blowdryer set on cool and a few shots of canned air.

Now thankfully, many hours later....my BB is good to go....although I still have the shakes....not sure if that's from the adrenaline rush when my BB had it's close brush with death.....or if it's from the withdrawals I was going through. That's the longest I have gone without using my BB since I got it....!!!

Well...it's a long story, and a hard lesson learned......and I swear on my BB's life it will never happen again!!!!!

I just needed to share....hopefully someone who reads this will do like my mama always said:

It's great to learn from your mistakes.......but a truely wise person learns from the mistakes of others!

Keep your BBs safe out there OK
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Was wondering why I haven't heard from you. Glad to hear all is well

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    great story!! over the weekend my curve slipped out of my hand and onto my pergo floors. i picked it up and the signal meter read "OFF" and automatically my heart started beating fast. i thought "OMG, what have I done??" so I 'ever so gently' smacked my curve and BAM! the network signal came back!! LOL! The fall also knocked the silver ring around my trackball loose too, as i went to use it, i thought this feels weird. so just pushed gently on it and it snapped back into place!

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Almost like the feeling u get when a cop gets behind u puts the lights on and just passes by flying next to you. Well the other day i had my curve on one hand a long w a drink and was trying to open the door into my house and i was bout to drop everything so i trew my drink on the floor but my curve was safe via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Don LuiG View Post
    Almost like the feeling u get when a cop gets behind u puts the lights on and just passes by flying next to you. Well the other day i had my curve on one hand a long w a drink and was trying to open the door into my house and i was bout to drop everything so i trew my drink on the floor but my curve was safe via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Definitely have your priorities straight there, Don! Well, that is of course depending on what your "drink" was! Would've been a tough call if you were sipping on a glass of 30 year old scotch!

Congrats to you ladies for resuscitating your BlackBerrys!

Medic no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Stack
    hehe they should make a defib program that will resusitate your bb's heart in case it stops breathing
    Sorrow is tranquility remembered in emotion.

natesax7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244d259a
    I can empathize with all of this! I was carrying my infant son in his car seat out to the car, had Curve and car keys in the other hand. Went to unlock car doors and the curve slipped out of my hands, landed on the tip of my right shoe which the angle of the fall sent it sliding under the car. Amazingly it stayed in the leather sleeve.

I just hope that my 6 month old son didn't learn any of the 'choice' words that slipped out during the fall.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Glad to hear the BB are all safe!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I was in the bathroom a few weeks ago with my 8300 I used to have, up until that time I had never even come close to dropping it. it slipped out of my hand and landed HARD on the tile floor. Seidio hard rubber case exploded, peices went everywhere. After I recovered from my near heart atack, I picked up my phone-black screen, red solid LED. After I recovered from my SECOND near heart attack, I pulled the battery and put it back in-powered right up, snapped my Seidio back on and all was well. Whew!!!

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories too.......sometimes it's amazing what these BBs can survive!!

I don't know what the deal is, but I swear I have dropped my BB more times in the last 6 months than the total number of drops for all of my old phones combined. But, I guess none of my old phones got the kind of love and attention(or should that say abuse and overuse) that my blackBerry does!!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    I've dropped my Curve a million times since I got it, but never any irreparable damage. I got an Otterbox free of charge from my job, but it made my phone too bulky.
    Guess I'll just take my chances, but thank god I've never gotten it wet ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rayjr13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by natesax7 View Post
    I can empathize with all of this! I was carrying my infant son in his car seat out to the car, had Curve and car keys in the other hand. Went to unlock car doors and the curve slipped out of my hands, landed on the tip of my right shoe which the angle of the fall sent it sliding under the car. Amazingly it stayed in the leather sleeve.

I just hope that my 6 month old son didn't learn any of the 'choice' words that slipped out during the fall.
    Awww man!! I just knew from the trends off the other stories...that were gonna say you chucked the kid/carseat and dove for the berry. LOL! I'm so glad you didn't...but if u had, well let's just say you'da won this contest.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!
    Wow you had a busy Berry morning!