Hi there, I am just posting to say that today while walking innocently to work ... General Blackberry forum

ambivalentpearl no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down Got Electric Shock From Pearl Headset

Advertisement

Hi there,
    I am just posting to say that today while walking innocently to work and listening to music on my headset attached to my pearl I walked into a deli and got AN ELECTRIC SHOCK, complete with "crackling" noise, into my ears!
    Does anyone know anything about this? I have tried calling Blackberry customer service and am getting lost in voicemail, so I am posting it here.
    Why is this happening?
    How can it be resolved?
    Most importantly, is this device safe?
    Can I get a safer headset?
    How can I get Blackberry to be accountable for this?
    I am annoyed and traumatized as you can imagine ....
    Any ideas?

Smooth23 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Its the brain cancer coming in. Or you being needlessly sue happy, you choose.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    it cant hurt you too bad, its powered by a battery. Im not taking BB side here, but theyre gonna say it was caused by static electricity when you walked into the deli. Worse case, your headset may have a short, just keep calling RIM.

coldconfessi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I have had this happen before. Its just static traveling to your headset. It hurts though.
    http://www.horizonwirelessonline.com
    Unlock Codes, Parts, Repair just tell them Albert sent ya

Virex no está en línea Banned for Content theft
    PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    yea but the device is made like a computer and it should in a way be grounding itself and should not build up static electricity. have you done any modding to the device at all?

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    yea but the device is made like a computer and it should in a way be grounding itself and should not build up static electricity. have you done any modding to the device at all?
    The device isn't building up static electricity, YOU ARE.

When your ear touches the metal part of the earphone (or at least close to it), you discharge, thus, a shock.

Static electricity, it happens, no need to freak out.

cfrench no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Yeah I would say, take some Midol and call me in the morning. LOL, jkjk

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigamaster89 View Post
    The device isn't building up static electricity, YOU ARE.

When your ear touches the metal part of the earphone (or at least close to it), you discharge, thus, a shock.

Static electricity, it happens, no need to freak out.

well technically anything could build up a positive or negative charge and caused a static discharge. the point i was trying to make it the bb shouldnt be shocking the user. there is insulation around the motherboard and other key parts on the board that block the static charges that the device makes normally. if a user is using their device and gets shocked then something is faulty inside. take it to customer service and ask for a new one, unless you modified the device

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Virex View Post
    well technically anything could build up a positive or negative charge and caused a static discharge. the point i was trying to make it the bb shouldnt be shocking the user. there is insulation around the motherboard and other key parts on the board that block the static charges that the device makes normally. if a user is using their device and gets shocked then something is faulty inside. take it to customer service and ask for a new one, unless you modified the device
    It's not the device though, it's the headphones. I get shocked from time to time with my headphones too from a variety of devices. Especially now, when I take my jacket off with my headphones/mp3 player on...zap.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    I would think its the headset and NOT the device..
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

siccmade no está en línea Stack level 4
    that really sux,
    TMO:MYTOUCH 3G SLIDE
    ROM:SlideMeRoot5r1
    KERNEL:2.6.29-5F8ED14

PIN/ID
    CUSHION
    It's not the device though, it's the headphones. I get shocked from time to time with my headphones too from a variety of devices. Especially now, when I take my jacket off with my headphones/mp3 player on...zap.
    ok i was gonna say. yea then its def the headset. clearly its a cheap pair of headphones and the insulation isnt strong enough and thats what is causing the static buildup. in a nut shell get a better pair