anyone here use GOOGLE SYNC?? its a pretty sweet service from google if you have ... General Blackberry forum

paulypaul no está en línea Stack level 3

goole sync for blackberry problem

Advertisement

anyone here use GOOGLE SYNC?? its a pretty sweet service from google if you have gmail.

http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sync.html

but I have a problem where updates I make on my gmail calendar get synced to my BB calendar without any problem.

but additions to my BB Calendar don't get sync'ed to my gmail calendar.

I have made sure that my BB calendar is set to my gmail account, and gmail is also the default service for the calendar. and that my calendar is set to show all accounts.

I am at a loss.

I also have a gut feeling that google sync is a beta. because its version 0.5.15....

any help would be appreciated. thanks
    Last edited by paulypaul; 06-27-2009 at 10:16 PM.

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3
    Open the Google Sync app, then go to Menu -> Options. From there, scroll to the very bottom where it says "Sync these calendars" - it should show you the calendars you have on your account. Highlight the list and click the trackball.

In that submenu, there should be a field that says "Add new handheld events to" - does that say None or one of your calendars? If it says None, try changing to your calendar and see if it works. (remember, there can be a lag before Google Sync transfers data).

what kind of lag are we talking about? minutes or hours??

I can't remember - I want to say an hour or two if it's set for Automatic refresh. But you can always force a manual refresh if you're testing it out.

Did you check that options for Add new handheld events?

i checked the settings, and it was already setup correctly.

but I did reinstall SYNC, and its now working fine.
    perhaps the reinstall was the trick.

Can happen sometimes - glad it's working out!

Just watch out for the delete issue. Google Sync will delete old appts on the Berry - you can only set it for up to 4 weeks. I've heard some complain that after 4 weeks when the older appts start getting deleted, the next sync will then delete these from your Google calendar as well.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by NickAC View Post
    Can happen sometimes - glad it's working out!

Just watch out for the delete issue. Google Sync will delete old appts on the Berry - you can only set it for up to 4 weeks. I've heard some complain that after 4 weeks when the older appts start getting deleted, the next sync will then delete these from your Google calendar as well.
    It deletes stuff older than four weeks only on my BlackBerry, luckily it doesn't delete the stuff older than four weeks on my google calendar.
    -Josh

Good to know. I saw on the Google boards many people were complaining that after deleting stuff older than 4 weeks on the BB, the next sync would then perform the delete operation on Google Calendar.

I just go one-way Google -> BB.