i like the idea of my google voice fowarding all calls to both my att ... General Blackberry forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

google voice #?

Advertisement

i like the idea of my google voice fowarding all calls to both my att blackberry and iphone. but my only concern is when you call me on your att mobile to the gvoice number, will it still be considered as a free mobile to mobile call??
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't think it will be. I have verizons friends and family and my google voice number, two actually one is the routing number. So anyone I call using the gv dialer app I get for free. Its not actually using your mobile number it uses a routing number to send the call out. I hope I haven't confused you. I don't know how long you have used it but that what it does for me.
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14912/998; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

disturkis4u no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its not mobile to mobile bc you're not using att to att...the person is calling your gv number which fwds it
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1

fox581 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by disturkis4u View Post
    Its not mobile to mobile bc you're not using att to att...the person is calling your gv number which fwds it
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; T-Mobile myTouch 3G Build/COC10) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1
    Or to put it a simplier way.

monuman no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm with T-Mobile and I selected my Google Voice Number as one of MyFaves.
    This way all my calls are free.

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by monuman View Post
    I'm with T-Mobile and I selected my Google Voice Number as one of MyFaves.
    This way all my calls are free.

Hey, me too!! Glad someone else did this because I wasn't sure if it would work this way. I'm using almost zero minutes with this and mobile to mobile and my faves!

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just remember if you are using the dailer it is using a differant number then your GV number

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used the one that shows on my call log... Is that the right one?

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Call some one from google voice on your pc, save the # that shows on your screen, then call your gv # from another phone and save the number on your screen if I'm not mistaken gv uses one number to route incoming calls and one for outgoing calls. I do have it but I only use it for international calls so I'm not sure how it works for mobile to mobile calls.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.238 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Call some one from google voice on your pc, save the # that shows on your screen, then call your gv # from another phone and save the number on your screen if I'm not mistaken gv uses one number to route incoming calls and one for outgoing calls. I do have it but I only use it for international calls so I'm not sure how it works for mobile to mobile calls.
    BlackBerry9000/5.0.0.238 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/1
    I've noticed that also. I don't have the number off the top of my head either but did see that. I also added my GV # to my "A List". Looking forward to seeing it's impact on the next bill.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Anyone have any new info?

As far as what I have been doing, I added my GV number to myFavs (to have free incoming), and a weird 704 number to myFavs (which seemed to be for the dialer).

To avoid having to add two numbers, if you make a call from within GV app it called you first (from GV number) so then you will just need to have the GV number in your myFav, A list, or my circle (whatever you have).

MStrawder no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Using the dialer app, all you will need to do for unlimited outgoing calls is set the number it dials as a favorite. Then all calls are forwarded from Google and don't count against your minutes. In order to have the unlimited incoming is change a setting in your GV preferences to show your Google number on the caller ID rather then the incoming number. If you set that as a favorite, then all your incoming become free too.
    "Our greatest fear is not that we are inadequate, but that we are powerful beyond measure" ~ Marianne Williamson
    Current OS list by device
    How to upgrade your OS

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I heard somewhere (I think on a Google Group), that even if calls come in from GV with the caller's number, it still counts as it comes from the GV number.

I actually never checked my bill to confirm that but that if that it true that would be cool.