I recently downloaded and installed the newest version of Google Sync, thinking it'd be a ... General Blackberry forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Google Sync Issue

Advertisement

I recently downloaded and installed the newest version of Google Sync, thinking it'd be a great way to keep everything in check and up to date. Every time I try to sync my contacts and calendar I sit and wait for a good 5 minutes before I'm greeted with an error telling me that the Sync failed. I can attempt the sync again if the exact error message would help, but last time it not only failed the sync but also created duplicates of a couple dozen of my address book entries.

I really do want to be able to use Google Sync, but I was wondering if there might be some basic configuration with the program or my google account that I have overlooked that may be getting in the way.

zsafwan no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    255BA476
    I am having the extract problem you have.

I have over 1,000 contacts in my Google Apps account and I am using BOLD with .185.

tried using wifi but got the same results.

Anybody have an idea what's going on here?

Thanks

dcmom no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am wondering about this myself as I have the same issues. Any help would be great.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Imagine that.... Same Here!!

It royally screwed upmy contacts... Moved everything up a line so addresses are missing, street address now has city, city has province, etc etc....

What a let-down!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Tried the app a few months ago. When it would sync calendar events to web from handheld, events would be wiped from handheld. Deleted the thing.
    Last edited by azstar; 11-25-2008 at 01:33 AM. Reason: format edit

iaxbbcp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    This seems to be common with the newest version of Google sync, I turned off the Contact sync portion and the Calender works well just like always... hope they get the contacts sorted out soon
    iaxbbcp
    Tour 9630
    US Cellular

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    As long as I know I'm not the only one who's having the same issue. I'd really like to use the app...but not at the account of messing up my contacts.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Same here. It does work fine for me as long as I don't try to sync the contacts. I really do need the contact sync but will have to wait until Google gets it fixed, I guess. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Lol, I don't even know how much I really need the app, I can just as easily backup my Bold using the Desktop Manager, this would have just been ore convenient.

I guess I'll wait for word from other users that the issue has been fixed with an update, as I'd rather not go through deleting all those duplicate contact entries again.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Me too. I deleted the 400+ duplicate entries, then deleted google sync... :-)
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Funny thing. This is the same thing that used to happen back when I was using a Palm Pilot PDA. I would sync it with Outlook and all contacts and calendar events would duplicate or triplicate or quadricate.

I am having the same contact issue as well and when I read about it somewhere, Google said it basically uploads contacts wipes contacts and redownloads contacts. All leading to lost items and errors.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

tavella81 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone gone into their Google account first, removed your contacts and then tried to sybc? I saw that recommendation on this site somewhere and forgot the name of the poster (I apologize). I did not receive any duplicate entries because I turned off that functionality and Google Sync required me to turn it back on if I wanted to sync. DM and Outlook work just fine together. My Outlook is connected to my Google for your domain account. I'd be nice if Outlook and Google could just sync together.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

crysti_reyes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24B09C64
    Ok, so I was having the same issue with the new version of Google Sync that I just downloaded a couple of days ago (0.5.13) and I went into options and unchecked the Contacts Sync and the Calendar Sync was successful. Lets see is Google comes up with a new update soon!

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Wow, exactly same issues here. Duplicate contacts thing is a mess...Bye Bye Google Sync
    ~via smartphone~

bafil no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    246de862
    I am glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. Has anyone found a solution to this yet?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~