Anyone here uses google sync to sync their contacts/calendar? I'm currently only using it to ... General Blackberry forum

firepowr no está en línea Stack level 1

google sync

Advertisement

Anyone here uses google sync to sync their contacts/calendar? I'm currently only using it to sync my calendar only.

I was wondering if you sync your contacts with google will it also sync attributes such as birthdays, PIN, etc from my blackberry?

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I use it to sync contacts and calendar, unfortunately they don't sync Pins or birthdays, but it also don't delete them off the blackberry when you sync it. But as far as the calendar it works great
    -Josh

firepowr no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks for the quick reply. That's too bad that google doesn't sync the other info. And yes, the calendar works great.

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    no problem hopefully in the near future they will make their google sync like device specific, like if you have a blackberry then it sync stuff like the PINs.
    -Josh

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Always waiting for improvements... Atleast it gets something done...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Now if it syncs tasks and notes then we're good!
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Its a great app I was SOO happy to have it when i switched back from my G1 to my Curve.
    The G1 does that constantly (syncing with Google Services) so when I started to wonder how to get my contacts off my G1 to my 8900 (since it didnt have all the contacts I was missing that i got during the G1 break) google sync was it !
    I could have exported the gmail contact archive
    imported on Address book
    synchronized the 8900
    or Clear all my contacts on the 8900, run GoogleSync and get all my contacts back and up to date

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Its a great app I was SOO happy to have it when i switched back from my G1 to my Curve.
    The G1 does that constantly (syncing with Google Services) so when I started to wonder how to get my contacts off my G1 to my 8900 (since it didnt have all the contacts I was missing that i got during the G1 break) google sync was it !
    I could have exported the gmail contact archive
    imported on Address book
    synchronized the 8900
    or Clear all my contacts on the 8900, run GoogleSync and get all my contacts back and up to date
    Ah man I'm right there with you. I actually sold both my Pearls on eBay when my G1s arrived and that was a huge mistake. I kept the G1s for about 3 months and just got sick of their crap. So I went to TMO and bought 2 8120s. I couldn't be happier and love the Google Sync doing everything I need.

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I don't have microsoft outlook, (I use thunderbird and the openoffice suite) and I'm on BIS, I use google sync as an automated backup to keep a hold of my contacts in case my bold gets damaged, destroyed, stolen ANYTHING...

And so far so good... (Hopefully won't loose my bold either... )

Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I don't have microsoft outlook, (I use thunderbird and the openoffice suite) and I'm on BIS, I use google sync as an automated backup to keep a hold of my contacts in case my bold gets damaged, destroyed, stolen ANYTHING...

And so far so good... (Hopefully won't loose my bold either... )

How is Thunderbird vs. Outlook? What advantages will it allow me if I migrated over?

BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Ill be very honest with you... I don't like it...

There are advantages... It uses up less resources and is a simpler interface... But the one thing I don't like is that if there's something you wanna do, you have to go out and find little addons all the time...

I much rather prefer the microsoft office suite... Only using the FREE alternatives becuase I lost my downloaded copy of MS office ULTIMATE in a hard drive crash...

Using this till I can download a copy of ultimate from p2p or torrent and then just put my key on it...

But it uses VERY few resources in comparison to the microsoft alternative...

BUT you can't sync your bb contacts etc to it...