now none of my emails show in my messages folder. can anyone help me figure ... General Blackberry forum

rollcage no está en línea Stack level 1

Question google mobile app jacked up my email settings

Advertisement

now none of my emails show in my messages folder. can anyone help me figure it out?

thanks in advance.

Concept Guest
    What does the google mobile app have to do with your BIS or BES settings? I don't see how the mobile app can interfer with your messages. They are completely separate and have nothing to do with each other.

The best I can tell you with your limited details about the problem is to do a battery pull and resend the service books from your provider.

well, i'm not sure what the deal is, but before i added the google mobile app all emails sent/received would show in my messages folder. now after i installed it nothing shows, not even emails sent to myself, no indicator nothing at all. i can log into gmail, and see the emails, but i can't download any attachments.

what other info can i provide to help, i'm not really literate on this stuff.

how do i resend the service books?

i'm going to try to delete gmail, and see if it reverts back to factory settings. i just checked my apps list and its still showing, so we'll see.

Concept Guest
    Before you uninstall the app have you tried the battery pull? I honestly don't think the app is the problem because I'm running the same app with no issues. I'd do a battery pull first and see if that clears it up. If that doesn't work, resend the service books.

As far resending service books you have two options. You can either log onto your BIS, (which I'm assuming your on) and there should be an option in there where you set up your emails to send service books. If you can't figure that out, just call customer service for your provider and ask them to send them.

If those two don't work, you can also try to register to the network again. By going to options>advanced options>host routing table. Then hit menu>register now. This will register your phone with the network again and maybe clear up some issues.

If all else fails uninstall the app and do the same things I just told you. Then reinstall the app if you want.

cool, i'll give it a shot. i already uninstalled the app before i read your post. i'll let ya know what i find out.

thanks!

ended up calling vzw and spent an hour on the phone trying to figure it out. apparently i managed to lose the email settings icon on the phone. anyways, i did a wipe and restore and reconfigured the email. its all good now.