Blackberry 8300 running 4.2 OS Google Maps version 1.5.3 downloaded OTA AT&T Wireless unlimited BB ... General Blackberry forum

szumlanski no está en línea Stack level 2

Google Maps Uncaught Exception Error on Blackberry 8300

Advertisement

Blackberry 8300 running 4.2 OS
    Google Maps version 1.5.3 downloaded OTA
    AT&T Wireless unlimited BB plan with tethering (dataconnect)

I am getting an error when running Google Maps with bluetooth GPS connected:

Uncaught Exception: Application gmaps8300_v4_2_L1(227) is not responding, process terminated

When bluetooth is not active (no connection to GPS) I can pan, zoom, browse around Google Maps without any issue. I had Google Maps and used it without incident for several weeks before I purchased a GPS.

As soon as I turn on Bluetooth (and GPS) Google Maps recognizes my location and I can press 0 to go to current location.

However, if I try to zoom in, or move to where it needs to load map data, I get the error. If I zoom in first to my location, then activate GPS, all is well - no crash; however, as soon as I start moving and it needs to load data, crash! (Not my car - Google Maps again.)

I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Google Maps and cold booting device. Nothing.

I have tried two different BT GPS receivers.

Re: Google Maps Uncaught Exception Error on Blackberry 8300

Just a follow up... If I connect the BT GPS inside and it does not get a signal, I have no problem panning and zooming. When I go outside and it gets a fix, that is when the problem starts...

So I can be connected by BT to the GPS without issue - it's only when the blue dot shows up that I get the error.

Re: Google Maps Uncaught Exception Error on Blackberry 8300

More info:

I tried to uninstall Google Maps 1.5.3 and install google services (mobile.google.com). It installed Google Services 1.3. Now the error I get is:

Uncaught Exception: Application com_google_gmaps_lib(154) is not responding, process terminated