I have the 8310 Curve and google maps was fine before the 2.2.3 update. After ... General Blackberry forum

ditch13 no está en línea Stack level 1

Google maps 2.2.3 missing "Show Traffic"?

Advertisement

I have the 8310 Curve and google maps was fine before the 2.2.3 update. After I updated it, the "Show Traffic" option is gone, there's nowhere I could find it, it's not even listed in "Help" section. I thought they disable it in this update but doesn't seem that way as I search online... Has this happened to anyone besides me? How can I fix it? Re-install?

The show traffic is really useful, although sometimes it's not so accurate but it's a good ref...

Thanks!

pniko_07 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    stack
    I tried to download the new version from my BB and it just shows 2.2.2. Where did you go to get the update? Also, I read that the voice search isn't there for 2.2.3. I never used it, so no big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by pniko_07 View Post
    I tried to download the new version from my BB and it just shows 2.2.2. Where did you go to get the update? Also, I read that the voice search isn't there for 2.2.3. I never used it, so no big deal.
    At first when I opened google maps it asked if I want to update it. I clicked yes and it showed that it's the version 2.2.3. Becuz of the missing traffic problem I redownloaded and reinstalled google maps by going to their website via the phone. It resintalled and when I check on the about/info, it says Version 2.2.3 (#2215)... I wish I could get the old version back if this new version has no show traffic!!!

PIN/ID
    stack
    Not having the traffic does suck. It has been helpful in cities that have a lot of one way streets. I don't think I will get this update. Good luck on getting the 2.2.2 back.

PIN/ID
    stack
    Did you try going to http://www.google.com/mobile/default/maps/index.html

I put my phone number in and it sent me a text message with a link to google maps. When I clicked the link, it was for 2.2.2. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by pniko_07; 09-02-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Thanks! But they are still giving me the 2.2.3 version... I searched their forum too but seems like no one has this issue...

well, i was reading online, for the 2.2.3, it does have the real-traffic function, just for some reason mine doesn't have it... >=(
    Last edited by ditch13; 09-02-2008 at 12:21 PM.

PIN/ID
    stack
    I updated the link because I saw that it lead to nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by pniko_07 View Post
    I updated the link because I saw that it lead to nowhere.
    Yup, I clicked on the new link, put in my phone number and they sent a link to my phone. I clicked on that, they are still giving me the 2.2.3 version... reinstalled for the 3rd time, still no luck!!!! *sigh*

Hehe, so I finally found a site posted the 2.2.2 version. Downloaded and installed it.
    I have my "Show Traffic" back!!! Now I feel life's good! ^ ^=

PIN/ID
    stack
    Good deal. I have up on trying to download 2.2.3. Doesn't sound worth the download anyway. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~