Google Apps on BlackBerry smartphones Gmail – The fastest way to use Gmail on your ... General Blackberry forum

xaurav no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20374F8B

Google Apps on BlackBerry smartphones

Advertisement

Google Apps on BlackBerry smartphones

Gmail – The fastest way to use Gmail on your BlackBerry is with the installable Gmail application. To download and install Gmail for free, visit m.google.com/a from your BlackBerry web browser. Then, launch the application with the blue "M" icon () from your BlackBerry home screen or from the applications folder. If you also have a personal @gmail.com account, there's a separate free application (with a red "M" icon) so you can be signed in to both accounts at the same time.
    Google Talk – There's a handy Google Talk application that lets you see who's online and instant message with contacts from your BlackBerry. To download and install Google Talk for free, visit www.blackberry.com/GoogleTalk from your BlackBerry web browser. Then, launch the application with the Google Talk icon () from your BlackBerry home screen or from the applications folder.
    Google Calendar – You can sync information in Google Calendar with your BlackBerry calendar, so whether you add new appointments from your phone or from your computer, you always have access to your up-to-date schedule. To download and install Google Sync for free, visit m.google.com/sync from your BlackBerry web browser.
    Google Docs – To access your documents and spreadsheets when you're not at a computer, you can sign in to Google Docs from your BlackBerry web browser. Just visit docs.google.com/a/your-domain.com, but remember to replace "your-domain.com" in this address with your actual domain name.

Sorry if repost

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    The Google Mobile Suite allows you keep all of your Google software up-to-date automatically, as well as select which individual products you want to install...

Alongside the above applications, you can also download:
    • Google Search - Perform Internet searches directly from your menu.
    • Google News - A menu short cut to Google News.
    • Google Reader - A short cut to Googles newsfeed service.
    • Picasa - I've never used this, but I believe it's a photo sharing service.
    • Google Maps - GPS mapping and similar features to Google Earth (GPS navigation not supported).

http://mobile.google.com

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

s-one no está en línea Stack level 2
    Good post... I really like a lot of googles apps. I have just about all of them installed. Although I'm still a little confused about the diff between the red and blue gmail apps. Btw desktop Picasa is hands down the best photo library tool.
    s-one

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by s-one View Post
    Although I'm still a little confused about the diff between the red and blue gmail apps.
    Yeah, I got completely confused by that too...

For a start, I wasn't aware that there were multiple versions of the GMail client (I only see one!).

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Read this, it may help:
    http://mail.google.com/support/bin/a...n&answer=52856

If you have a BlackBerry, you can download our mail application designed for Google Apps accounts at http://m.google.com/a
    If you currently use the Gmail application on your Blackberry, you'll need to download the mobile application for Google Apps as well. These are two different applications. A red M icon will appear for Gmail and a blue M icon will appear for Mail by Google (Google Apps).
    Please note the Mail by Google application only supports US English at this time.

sender no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204C1561
    What does the blue M app do? I downloaded all the Google apps from the mobile site and did a complete install, but I didn't get the blue M, though the red M works just fine.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sender View Post
    What does the blue M app do? I downloaded all the Google apps from the mobile site and did a complete install, but I didn't get the blue M, though the red M works just fine.
    I went to Download and it said for BlackBerry 4.0...which to mean would mean its for much older apps.

jayen no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The blue M allows you to login if you have a Google Apps Domain email. The red M only allows login to Gmail.

PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    Quote Originally Posted by jayen View Post
    The blue M allows you to login if you have a Google Apps Domain email. The red M only allows login to Gmail.
    I could be wrong, but as I understand it, "Google Apps" is a premium (paid) service under which Google host your domain (http://www.your-domain.com) FOR you, though it may only be the e-mail side of things...

Under such circumstances, you're technically using your.username@your-domain.com and not GMail, so for this Google offer an alternative e-mail client that will work with your domain - the "blue M".

If however, you have just everyday GMail account and you're NOT using your own domain, then this is where the "red M" comes in - it's an e-mail client EXCLUSIVELY for use with GMail.

Like I said, I could be wrong, so feel free to correct me if I am...

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    ^^^ Right on the money. I have google mail with my own domain (uses the blue M) and a gmail account (uses the red M).

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I don't think I have a gmail account . But I do use google maps which is pretty good. Think I use it more than telenav which means I don't have to hear that annoying chick bossing me around lol ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~