Hi all! I've started lurking around these forums since the beginning of this week, and ... General Blackberry forum

Excalibur no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me

Question GOOGLE (46645) on Sprint 7130e

Advertisement

Hi all! I've started lurking around these forums since the beginning of this week, and I found that a lot of people here are a lot friendlier and more helpful than the blackberryforums.com folks. Compliments aside, I do own a BB 7130e with Sprint; however, whenever I attempt to 46645 (GOOGLE search) for a specific and/or general location, I do not receive any SMS back. If I use traditional 7- to 10-digit phone numbers or regular email addresses, this SMS function works as it should be. Anyone experiencing the same issues with 46645???

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: GOOGLE (46645) on Sprint 7130e

Hello Excalibur, welcome to pinstack.com.

I dont have any experience with Google SMS but I do have tons of experience with Ask Me Now, Berry411 and Google Maps, each of these can do what you mentioned. They all can be found in the downloads section of pinstack.com. Let us know if you are interested in any of these programs, there is a wealth of info for them available on the stacks.

PIN/ID
    ask me

Question Re: GOOGLE (46645) on Sprint 7130e

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Hello Excalibur, welcome to pinstack.com.

I dont have any experience with Google SMS but I do have tons of experience with Ask Me Now, Berry411 and Google Maps, each of these can do what you mentioned. They all can be found in the downloads section of pinstack.com. Let us know if you are interested in any of these programs, there is a wealth of info for them available on the stacks.
    Thanks for your quick reply! Yes, I do have Berry411 and Google Local Maps on my 7130e. I was just wondering if we Sprint users can still utilize SMS to non-phone numbers (contests on tv) if the opportunity presents itself. For those people who watch Hell's Kitchen before, for example, I tried to SMS to vote for Virginia; however, it did not work. Is this a software glitch or just a BB thing?

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Does your SMS work to other phones? I have only SMS'd to Ask Me Now, never to google. Maybe shoot a message to google see what they say.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Google SMS has never worked for me.

I emailed Google, and they replied, and said thanks for letting them know.

And that was it.

But there are so many other ways to access Google, having this avenue is not a necessity.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Excalibur, Welcome to the stacks. Do you not have a Blackberry Data Plan? If you do, I would ignore Google SMS and use the Normal or one of the WAP sites from your browser, much better response and information I use the normal site and it loads adequately fast and acts just like the normal google. The only reason I would use the sms google is if I didn't have a BB data plan

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

PIN/ID
    ask me

Thumbs up Very Helpful Folks Here :)

As long as I use the traditional 7-10 digit phone number or email address route to other phones, my SMS messages go through everytime. To the most recent responder, thanks for the warm welcome to the 'stacks! I certainly have that unlimited data plan for my precious BB... so I guess Berry411 and Google Maps are the ways to go.

By the way, I noticed that many forum members here either create and/or download customized themes for their handheld. I haven't tried any of those; however, I am using the "Bionetic" one I discovered via the menus in the settings. It consists of a list configuration enveloped in a fantastic gold frame of wires. Pretty awesome, in my opinion. Another app I like to use besides the ones mentioned above is PocketDay Personal for business purposes.

Overall, my 7130e is one beautiful handheld... one that is sitting prettily in its customized black leather flip Fortte case and partnered with a Plantronics Voyager 510 for bluetooth. My BB has not failed me one bit in the many things I need it for (business, appointments, etc.). Anyone else still lovin' their 7130e with Sprint/Nextel?

leemcarthur no está en línea Stack level 2

Guys

Try the service the company I work for runs: 4INFO (44636). We work on all carriers in the USA.

You can read about us on www.4info.net, or open the front page of any USA TODAY section every day (sports, life, finance, travel).

Users generally find our service more accurate, especially in directory service.

We also cover the following services: http://www.4info.net/howto/index.jsp

Send any of the following to the number 44636 (4 I N F O)
    sports :try - yankees, mlb
    fantasy stats: try - barry bonds (NFL soooon!)
    stocks : try - ibm, GOOG, COKE, etc.
    flight status: try - swa 197
    package tracking: try - 1Z9999W99999999999
    price comparison: try - price xbox 360
    weather: try - w 10001, or w chicago
    yellow pages: try - sushi seattle, pizza 94117
    movie show times try - m 94025, m seattle
    city search: try - las vegas
    wifi hotspots: try - wifi 94115
    news: try - n nyc
    hotel reservations: try - reserve 64137
    TV Guide: try - tv friends 94105 (this was just released)
    drink recipes: try - drink, shot
    jokes: try - joke
    horoscopes: try - aries
    pickup lines: try - pickup

Hope it works for you!

Lee

PS - We have a service going to launch for any NFL fans like me for this season: NFL alerts - both free, and premium.

The premium alerts are for live player data for the following:
    • Fumbles
    • Touchdowns (pass and run)
    • Injuries
    • Yards passing threshold reached
    • Yards running threshold reached
    Our data feed updates every 15-30 seconds, so you will always be in the loop, even if you cant catch the game.

You can read more about our NFL alerts here: http://www.4info.net/nfl/

Lee

PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks lee, havent used you app much yet, havent had time. Thanks for reminding us.

NP - just fyi - i was talking about our SMS shortcode service, not the BB client !

Let me know what you guys think.

Lee