Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

OK, I just came looking in here because this exact same thing just happened to ... General Blackberry forum

Herbie555 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Gmail sending old emails to my Blackberry.

Advertisement

OK, I just came looking in here because this exact same thing just happened to me. No changes to my Gmail or BIS settings, then all of the sudden, 160 new (old) messages dumped into my pearl...

I do have the "Synchronize" checkbox checked. I'll try unchecking, but since this has happened once in 6 weeks of ownership, it may take a while to "prove" this is some sort of solution...

Herbie555 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Gmail sending old emails to my Blackberry.

OK, maybe have some insight to help with this. My settings for Gmail have always been "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on" on the Gmail Forwarding and POP tab...

However I went to that tab after finding this thread and saw this:
    (I guess I can't post images or URLs yet... Linkify for yourself if you care to see it)
    puppetmaster-robotics.com/Blog/gmail_problem.bmp

(shows the strange Gmail POP setting)
    Basically, it says:
    "Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since Jun 28" (this was taken today 08/07/07)

Instead of what I'm used to seeing:
    "Status: POP is enabled for all mail that has arrived since 9:31 am" (current time)

This is what it reads now after re-clicking the "mail that arrives from now on" radio button and re-applying.

So, for anyone who has this issue, please check how this tab reads for you. It might be an indicator that Gmail has does something goofy that makes the POP stuff send things from the wrong time window...

Hope this helps...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123