Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Starting Saturday, I starting receiving large volumes of old emails from my gmail account. They ... General Blackberry forum

Emmc no está en línea Stack level 5

Gmail sending old emails to my Blackberry.

Advertisement

Starting Saturday, I starting receiving large volumes of old emails from my gmail account. They come in blocks of 100 to 200. I uninstalled and re-installed gmail throought T-Mobile.com. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a fix?

Thanks.

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Gmail sending old emails to my Blackberry.

Have you logged into your account at G-Mail.com yet? You can look at the settings for your account, and make sure that you've correctly selected your options for POP Forwarding. Make sure your choices indicate you only want new mails forwarded.

Ilooked at that. I hadn't changed anything. It just started happening. It's very annoying.

Thanks though.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

You can log into your BIS and replace 'username@gmail.com' in your POP client settings with 'recent:username@gmail.com'.

I'll try that. Thank you.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Problem with Gmail re-sending old emails

Log in to Gmail. Go to Settings, then go to the Forwarding and POP tab. First Disable POP, then save the settings, then go back into it and "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on", the third choice. This should correct the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    Log in to Gmail. Go to Settings, then go to the Forwarding and POP tab. First Disable POP, then save the settings, then go back into it and "Enable POP only for mail that arrives from now on", the third choice. This should correct the problem.
    I'll give this a try. Just a note; I didn't make any setting changes to make this happen. Just out of the blue Saturday afternoon, the emails came rushing in. It's happened 4 times since.

Thanks.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it may be something on Gmail's end, let's hope, that caused this to happen for more than a few folks.

I haven't done anything. Since I didn't make any changes, I'm assumming it's a glitch and will go away. It happened about 4 hours ago.

Thanks for the advice.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by dasupaman23
    You can log into your BIS and replace 'username@gmail.com' in your POP client settings with 'recent:username@gmail.com'.
    Here is the link to where I found this at: http://mail.google.com/support/bin/...py?answer=47948

Thanks for the link. I didn't do anything and it stopped. I'm chalking it up to being a glitch in gmail.

Okay, I think I figured it out. Believe it or not, when someone leaves a message on my GrandCentral phone number, I had it set up to send me an email notification. That email would arrive an hour or so later with a bunch of old gmail email. Makes no sense to me, but I saw the pattern.

Am I crazy, or has this happened to anyone else?

I now have the notification sent as a sms. I'll see if that stops it.

fritillaria no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by BenMarvin
    I could be wrong, but I'm thinking it may be something on Gmail's end, let's hope, that caused this to happen for more than a few folks.
    I had a similar issue with a POP account - *not* gmail - my main email account I recieve on the BB through BIS suddenly downloaded about 300 duplicate (old) messages one day. problem hasn't repeated since, and I have made no changes before/after the incident.
    So I'm skeptical that it's a problem with gmail.

youre1096 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204C69BC

I have T-Mobile and grand central and noticed the same thing happening with my gmail. Perhaps its something to do with GrandCentral being taken over by google? I dunno???

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3

I had this problem a couple of months ago when I was still using my Treo-650 and IncrediMail. Unfortunately, I don't remember what the fix was since I have deleted everything to do with IncrediMail. I think it had something to do with multiple archived email db's that IncrediMail set up automatically on a regular basis. Sorry I can't really help because I remember how annoying it was to suddenly receive 400+ "old" emails.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast