Can anyone tell me how to I can get my emails on both my Blackberry ... General Blackberry forum

sandlev no está en línea Stack level 1

Gmail/Outlook 2007/Blackberry Emails

Advertisement

Can anyone tell me how to I can get my emails on both my Blackberry and Outlook 2007 (using pop3, and gmail/google apps)? If I open an email on my Blackberry then it does not come into Outlook 2007. (I am using BIS). Previously I was using Outlook Express and even if I opened/read any emails on my BB, I would still get them into my inbox in Outlook Express (using pop3). If anyone knows a solution of trick, thanks.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    In Outlook, go to Tools>Options>Mail Setup and click on the E-mail Accounts button.

Under the E-mail tab, double click on the account in question, then click on the More Settings button. Click on the Advanced tab. At the bottom, you'll see an option to leave a copy of messages on the server. Make sure this box is checked and you have the Remove from server option set to at least one day.

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by RogerG; 04-20-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Thanks but what is happening is the opposite. If I read the email on my blackberry then I dont get it into Outlook.

If the e-mails arrive and are read on the BlackBerry prior to you checking them in Outlook and you don't save them on the server, they will never get to your Inbox in Outlook. This is why this setting in Outlook needs to be checked.

Thanks, box checked. However, I just tested it out by sending an email from another account to my gmail/google apps, opened and read the email on my blackberry, then opened up outlook 2007 and the message did not come into my inbox. The messages always came through when using outlook express

But you do receive messages in Outlook if you don't read them on the BlackBerry first?

Yes, if i dont read them on the blackberry, I get them on both computer and device. Very strange.

I think I may have solved the problem. It appears that I had my gmail/google apps account in outlook twice because of when we switched to google apps long ago my old messages were listed under a different account. Since I deleted that account from outlook, i have sucessfully read emails on the BB and then opened outlook and got them in there. will test out some more and give update

Ah, so you had your default set to the wrong one?