Hello All, For several days now I have been trying to do what seems to ... General Blackberry forum

paulg1981 no está en línea Stack level 2

Gmail Not Instant....Not Even Close

Advertisement

Hello All,
    For several days now I have been trying to do what seems to be a simple thing: setup two gmail accounts to push to my 7130e. The caveat is that I am using Google Apps Domains instead of Gmail.com addresses. I have no trouble setting them up in BIS web portal for sprint. They are immediately recognized (no need for entering servers, just user/pass) and say they have been setup. The trouble is that instead of a few seconds for an email to come down it takes anywhere from 3-10 minutes....nowhere near what I have heard others report. I have a support ticket open since 6/1 with RIM and they are "looking into it" but frankly it is getting ridiculous. They did however verify that Google Apps domains do in fact get/should get instant push with their servers.

To complicate the situation I have also tried Yahoo/Hotmail/Regular gmail.com email addresses with the exact same results. i can't seem to get any of them to push the messages in a timely manner (<1 min) despite what I have been reading on the forums.

At this point I am frustrated and confused. So I ask for your help and suggestions. I have tried reloading and wiping the 7130e with no avail. I am out of ideas.

Please help me solve this problem like you all have so many others! Thanks in advance

paulg1981

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Hotmail and Yahoo will not push to the BB unless you have the paid versions. G-Mail SHOULD forward BOTH Hotmail and Yahoo to the device within seconds. Only thing with G-Mail is that you will need to set up filters to not send copies of what you send from the BB back to the BB.

Thanks for the reply and explanation. I wasn't using the paid version of Yahoo/Hotmail so that explains that. As for the rest, that is the crux of the whole problem gmail isn't pushing to my BB despite being setup properly (filter for no sent items, pop on, imap off)...

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88
    You have POP enabled on your GMAIL webclient?

Yes pop is enabled. Imap is disabled. Filter is set to disregard sent emails. Messages are always delivered just slow as molasses!

Brian80 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have my yahoo forwarded to my device and I dont pay for it I just went into setup wizard and did it

It is looking like no one else experiences issues with Gmail and BB! Bueller? Bueller

budkleppe no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've got two different addresses with Goggle Domains. I think it depends on the weather! Some days they get to the blackberry lickety split, and other days and takes FOREVER!

It seems to have cleared up now, just a few seconds between sending and it hitting my bb.....still makes me wonder though. I want a SOLID email solution for multiple accounts!

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    excellent and just as a not Yahoo accounts whether free or paid will work fine with BIS. Also some older hotmail accounts will work but usually you do need the paid account

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have 2 Gmail accounts that get pushed to my BB, doesn't take too long for me to get mine but a minute or so.

I have an 8320 Curve with T-Mob

Thanks for all the replies! Problem solved...hopefully for good