Ok, here's the issue. My Nextel rep told me to set up my gmail as ... General Blackberry forum

boblincoln no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3180B706

gmail forwarding when i send email

Advertisement

Ok, here's the issue. My Nextel rep told me to set up my gmail as pop3 and to turn off my gmail forwarding in gmail. So, I signed in to gmail and turned off the forwarding to my email@Nextel.blackberry.net. I then turned on the pop3. I logged out of gmail, and signed in to my blackberry manager and added gmail as an account. Now, whenever I send an email from gmail, it sends a copy to my blackberry as well. I don't want to turn on a filter to block out my own address, cause I send myself stuff sometimes, so what do I do?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

Re: gmail forwarding when i send email

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You've only got one choice: have all the messages you send on your BB using your gmail sent back your BB, or not.

The only thing stopping you from filtering the gmail messages from you is that occassionally you want to send yourself email?

How about this: for those times, send the email from your BlackBerry email account to your gmail account?

Just a suggestion.

But if you want to do it, you've got to set a filter in your BIS to not forward gmail with a "sent from:" of your gmail address.

You may also want gmail to archive those sent messages automatically too, so they don't show up in your gmail inbox.

That's what I do, and it works great!

I also do send emails to myself from time to time, and those I send from my @BlackBerry.net address. I do your point and you're not alone!

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Well, that's annoying, but that is what I've done. Maybe it'd be a better idea to just go back to having GMAIL forward my emails to me. Otherwise, this is kinda ridiculous...but that's life.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

The only 'problem' with that, is if your gmail is forwarded to your @xx.BlackBerry.net account instead of being on the BIS, if you want to reply to an email, it will be sent on your BlackBerry.net account, not your gmail.

This is because your BB would be receiving the email not as gmail but as BlackBerry.net email.

If you did the forward thing, and you wanted to reply using gmail, you would have to compose a new email.

PIN/ID
    3180B706

Yeah, I didn't realized that it worked that way till just yesterday. So, I guess I'll take the good with the bad for BIS.

I was used to the previous forwarding method...so when I opened up my gmail today I was all...."WHAT, I sent these emails from my blackberry, how did they end up in my GMAIL too?". Good with the bad.