I can't seem to find the Gmail app for 4.5 OS. I had it running ... General Blackberry forum

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3

Gmail app and 4.5 OS?

Advertisement

I can't seem to find the Gmail app for 4.5 OS. I had it running after upgrading, but I deleted it recently to use another way of accessing it. Now I can't find it anywhere. When I go to the sites like m.google.com to try to download it, I am unable to get it to send a link to my phone. I enter it in the field, but when I click on 'Send link to my phone', nothing happens (as in, it doesn't send the link). I've searched on the internet, on Pinstack...can't find anything except a browser link that will let you access Gmail, and I want the standalone app. I'm beginning to wonder if it's a 4.5 OS issue.

geekprincess no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have it on my 4.5, and it works well. Did you try this: (it won't let me post a link) go to google.com and type in "gmail mobile" and it's the first result.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by geekprincess View Post
    I have it on my 4.5, and it works well. Did you try this: (it won't let me post a link) go to google.com and type in "gmail mobile" and it's the first result.
    Try this from your BB browser: http://m.google.com

I tried both of the above without luck. When I go to m.google.com, it brings up a list of google services, including Gmail. What I"m looking for is the standalone app that puts an icon on your phone. When I did what geekprincess suggested, it eventually got me to a page where you can enter your phone number and have a link to the app sent to your phone, but after I entered my phone number and clicked on the link, nothing happened. This is true both on my phone and on my computer. On the google site, it says to go to m.google.com/a to get the app, but when I try to access it, I get a HTTP Error 404: Not Found. Interestingly, when I try to access that same link on my computer (and yes, I know it's supposed to be accessed with my Blackberry), it does load and is a page with a link to install the app (links to the .jad file).
    Last edited by drjamie03; 08-18-2008 at 09:38 PM. Reason: new info

joemecu no está en línea Stack level 2
    Try:
    m.google.com/mail, and that should do it... If that doesn't work, go to m.google.com, and click gmail. This is a link to download the application for your BlackBerry.

uberspeed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24aa4e29
    Get the Google Mobile Updater, it grabs the latest versions of every app they offer, you can select the ones you want to install.
    Worked for me.
    HTH

Thanks for all the replies...but none of those do it. When I go to m.google.com/mail, it just takes me to a sign in page where I sign in to gmail and then there's my mail. When I go to m.google.com and click on gmail, it's the same thing. And when I try to download the Google Mobile Updater, it takes me to the page where you're supposed to enter your phone number to get the link sent, but clicking on the 'send link to my phone' does nothing, either on my blackberry or on the website. I can't figure this out, unless there's a problem with Google.

UPDATE: There does seem to be a problem with Gmail and 4.5. From the Google Mobile Help Group:

Hi BlackBerry users,
    As some of you have noted, there are some compatibility issues with
    the Gmail and Maps for mobile applications and recent 4.5 OS upgrades.
    We're currently investigating ways to address these issues so please
    hold on tight if you're experiencing problems.
    To learn more about these issues on specific devices/OS builds, please
    visit the dedicated groups for Gmail and Maps for mobile:

Maps: http://groups.google.com/group/Googl...-mobile/topics

Gmail: http://groups.google.com/group/Gmail...bile-en/topics

Regards,
    Mobile Guide Chris
    Last edited by drjamie03; 08-19-2008 at 01:29 AM. Reason: even more new info

Looks like it's back up now. I can now click the link that sends the link to the app to my phone...all is well! :-)