Hi All, I saw something on another site that said that BIS has been updated ... General Blackberry forum

mellis2718 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    218255b2

gmail & IMAP - help

Advertisement

Hi All,
    I saw something on another site that said that BIS has been updated so gmail imap works in a timely manner. I had tried it maybe a year ago and it was too slow. So this is what I did:

*Delete my pop gmail acct from BIS.
    *Disabled pop from gmail web settings. I have IMAP enabled already as I have gmail IMAP setup in my outlook 2007.
    *created new acct in BIS, gmail imap style.

Ok, so far so good. except:

*I can send from BB and it shows in sent in Outlook. Good! BUT, that same message is not in sent folder on BB!

*I can send from outlook and it shows in sent in BB. Good!

*I can mark a message read in BB and it changes from unread to read in outlook. Good! BUT, if I mark a message read in outlook from unread it doesn't show read in BB!

*I am not even going to get into the issues I see when comparing BB to gmail web. It is jacked up there in ways too.

Anyway, as you can see it "Kind of" works and kind of doesn't. All I want is the same exact inbox and sent items, with proper read/unread status across three different places - Outlook, gmail web, and BB.

Help me do that please!
    "It is like stealing candy from babies!", Kenny Brack after winning Milwaukee, 2001.

PIN/ID
    218255b2
    Edit to above. When I go to view the sent from outlook on the bb I do it by going to menu, view folder, sent. But this is the BES sent. I don't have any gmail folders to choose from. Why? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    218255b2
    I can't believe I am the only one with this problem and the only one looking for a solution here. Anyone?
    "It is like stealing candy from babies!", Kenny Brack after winning Milwaukee, 2001.

tbhuang2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Everyone just kind of deals with these problems. Honestly, there's not much we can do. If there was, we'd do it
    BB Wishlist:
    -Gmail BIS integration with an effective 2-way read/unread sync solution.
    -More capable integrated alarm.