hello blackberry friends. i love my phone, but i'm still trying to get it to ... General Blackberry forum

s0ldats no está en línea Stack level 1

gmail 2way sync

Advertisement

hello blackberry friends. i love my phone, but i'm still trying to get it to work in a way that makes me more productive.

Right now i have my email configured on the blackberry with IMAP. when messages are received, and read on the blackberry they are marked as read in the desktop mail client. perfect.

when they are deleted from my blackberry they are deleted from my client. perfect.

When I read and delete a message on my desktop client, the message stays on my blackberry as unread. WTFMATE.

does anyone else have any more info on this? namely gmail imap 2way sync?

People have stated that after a few hours, the messages deleted in your email client will be updated on your blackberry phone. true?

if i leave them on my phone long enough will my messages be updated EVENTUALLY? or am i left to manually remove the messages from my bb after reading them on my computer?

I have a few messages that i've deleted from the gmail web client that have been sitting on my blackberry for hours unchanged.

yes, i'm using the true gmail IMAP server, not the auto-configured junk that autoenables POP.

thanks all

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: gmail 2way sync

have you gone here:
    open messages
    click menu/options
    email reconciliation
    change the settings accordingly...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Yes this does not achieve read status changes and still does not sync changes made on th computer

PIN/ID
    ATA

read/delivered receipts can be found under same menu/options, but go to email settings.

and i don't think i have ever seen where it when read on the PC, it changed as read on the bb...someone will correct me if i'm wrong, for sure

Mini2Go no está en línea Stack level 1

I setup an 8830 through Sprint with IMAP for full 2-way sync with Gmail (actually, it was GAFYD). This was a few months ago on a friend's/client's BB, so it's a bit fuzzy now. I seem to recall that this bypasses both BIS and BES and instead is a straight-up email account configuration. IIRC, there are trade-offs setting up the account this way. First, I don't think it uses the BB messaging interface, so you do not get to control notifications (there are none) nor do you get the unread tally. When you want mail, you actually have to select the individual email account that you configured and login. But, sure enough, full 2-way sync - read/delete, etc. It just takes a few minutes to update. Also, I seem to think that there was an issue using labels.... like maybe you were only able to view items in the inbox? Sorry, I can't quite remember now.

My TMO Curve doesn't seem to provide the "advanced" setup screens to configure an actual IMAP connection like those I used on the Sprint 8830. (I don't know why the difference.) From what I have found, it appears that I am forced to use the BIS "push" account. Using that, I don't know of any way to get full 2-way sync.

Hope this helps.

Mini2Go no está en línea Stack level 1

Eh. I think I read one too many posts on this general subject (trying to find if there is a way to configure my Curve the same way) before replying. In re-reading your post, I see that my response doesn't really address your specific question, so it probably doesn't help.

Since I don't use that configuration everyday, I can't honestly say... but I'll see this person tomorrow, so I'll try to remember to ask about their experience with deleted messages syncing.

nmadd no está en línea Stack level 3

There is 2way sync between GMail and your handheld; i.e. if I delete a message on my handheld, it is gone on GMail and vice versa. That being said, I've had some problems with GMail this weekend, so I'm wondering if what you are noticing is just a temporary issue?

deletion is not a problem, however 2way read status sync is.

if a message is marked as read or unread on the computer, the change is not reflected on my blackberry device.

PIN/ID
    ATA

you will NOT get a read email on your bb because you read it in gmail. that reconciliation functionality isn't there for BIS accounts.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

Cherrichiodo, should the deletion of messages sync between bb and web gmail? I dont think that has ever worked for me on BIS. It does with Yahoo but not Gmail. Does it work for you?

deletion works both ways for me.

PIN/ID
    ATA

i don't use gmail enough to say whether it works or not. i do know that it works both ways for my hosted account. if i file/delete messages from the PC mailbox, then it removes them from the blackberry and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    you will NOT get a read email on your bb because you read it in gmail. that reconciliation functionality isn't there for BIS accounts.
    i'm not worried about getting a 'read' message on my blackberry. i was just wondering if there was any way possible to update the status of messages that were already on my blackberry as 'read' after they had been viewed on gmail.

PIN/ID
    ATA

yep..i understood you
    make it not bold anymore, as so you know you already read it...just doesn't work that way on BIS.

sad truth. does BES handle this function differently?