So i did the Maxmem app and gained myself about 3 MB from the app ... General Blackberry forum

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Getting an extra 2 mb?

Advertisement

So i did the Maxmem app and gained myself about 3 MB from the app (left media and themes on there)

which left me at around 34.5MB free.

I then decided to try something else, and went in to the applications menu and deleted the Help application.

This resulted in a restart and now i am sitting at 36.2MB free.
    Do the help files take up that much space? and how neccesarry are they. i never used them yet, and pinstack is only a click away so i figured why not.

How many people have done this?

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I am running 1.2 mb free, is that a lot? Is that good or bad?

yettiman2208 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    that is not good. If i understand correctly you are saying you only list 1.2MB as "File Free"?

If so that is not good at all. If you are low, then the BB will start to run slow and lag, and will eventually start to delete things from address book, call logs, messages, (emails, sms, etc) [this is what i understand, could be wrong tho]

if you are running a ton of applications on ur BB then delete some u dont use. Also make sure you close applications from the Menu, if you just hit the escape button or the end key then they stay open in the backgroun. To see what you have open in the background go to homescreen then hit menu key, go to switch applications. There should only be 5 applications there under a clean BB (some additional apps will run there as well, so thats ok. But things like extra applications that you have opened and dont need constantly running should not be there. Open them up and click the menu button then go down to close to essentially end the process.

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Ok, yeah 1.2 free, I will delete some stuff.

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I deleted my help files long ago. Used them the first day I got a BB and never again. I come to pinstack with questions. :-) ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~