Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I DID install the OS onto my PC. That's what I don't understand...I did the ... General Blackberry forum

teb11 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I DID install the OS onto my PC. That's what I don't understand...I did the installation, I ran it..and now it's still not working. I must be doing something wrong, because all of you make it sound so simple! haha.

Am I supposed to have the .alx in a zipped file to complete the transfer? I have it in my documents as of now.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    it can be anywhere on your PC because you should have to point to the file you want loaded...who is your cellular service provider, what OS did you download and install, what version of Desktop Manager are you running?

Well I installed it...I ran it and everything..so I don't understand. I go through ATT. I downloaded and installed the 8310 4.2.2 OS. And the desktop manager that I'm running is 4.2.2 as well. Thank you Magellan for helping.

I've ran it again just to make sure it was on there, and it says that it's installed. My only options for the OS is to repair it or remove it (so that means it IS installed). Ugh, I suck at this!

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    2 things...you need to update your Desktop Manager and your OS...AT&T just released 4.5 OS for the 8310...get it here...https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...E4F82F9F00E7D4...and get the new Desktop Manager from here (get 4.6 not 4.7)...https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do...then after you've downloaded them uninstall yours from your PC and restart as prompted...after you've restarted with both the OS and DM deleted from your PC install the new ones we had you download...then make sure that you do a restart after you install the new programs before trying to use them...also make sure that you've backed up your device before you do anything

I don't know how to backup my device so I'm not gonna go through all that hassle. My luck, I'll screw up my phone and I would die if I did.

Actually, I'm gonna try. I'm "backing up" my device with desktop manager...correct thing to do, yea? haha. Thank you so much for your help. This is so scary...I can't imagine what I would do without my BB..this is all so riskay for me

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    you'll be find just follow the prompts then do as I posted above

Alrighty...I'm downloading away. I backed up my phone twice, just in case. hahaha. Thank you for everything. If I need anymore help...I am definitely posting on here. You've been AWESOME.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would suggest if you are doing what megallen is suggesting then when you get a newer version of desktop manager that you get 4.5 or 4.6 and stay away from 4.7. You will be fine it takes a little time and patience but all in all is pretty simple.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I would also add after uninstalling everything before you reboot go into c/program files/common files and delete the research in motion folder. Then reboot and install the newer versions.

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i agree completely with moderncowboy...forgot about deleting the RIM folder...but i did remember to tell them to stay away from 4.7

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by magellan0547 View Post
    i agree completely with moderncowboy...forgot about deleting the RIM folder...but i did remember to tell them to stay away from 4.7
    LOL...so you did. I missed that in my first read. Good work. Carry On!!

PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    i learned from the best...you and the rest of these stackers

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast