Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

wait for the 8900 to come out! that thing looks awesome!! I've been hearing that ... General Blackberry forum

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro

Advertisement

wait for the 8900 to come out!
    that thing looks awesome!!
    I've been hearing that T-mob will be releasing it for $249 with contract at the very beginning.
    not sure about that that's just what I hear. hope AT&T gets it and that it will be cheaper.

good luck with your decision
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

BttryBscts no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    Take it from someone that's been through many, many iPhones and has always come back to the Blackberry side..

If you're used to everything you can do on the Blackberry, you will not be happy with the iPhone. However, if you're willing to make some (big) sacrifices, then the iPhone may be right for you.
    I can't imagine not having the BBM and immediate e-mail capability...So which is better the Bold or the 8900?

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by BttryBscts View Post
    I can't imagine not having the BBM and immediate e-mail capability...So which is better the Bold or the 8900?
    I know it probably will sound like a broken record but it will probably be your own personal preference. Some people will favor both phones. Like I love my storm but I have heard a lot of people complain about it. But I think the Bold is a pretty sweet phone the little bit of time that I have messed with it. I have never used an 8900 but it looks like a great phone. But I really have no room to discuss either one seeing as I don't use either as a primary phone.
    -Josh

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Its all about personal preference here dude. The 8900 and 9000 are roughly the same performance wise. If 3G, a little bigger screen and keyboard what you think is best for you go Bold. If you like a compact keyboard, blazing EDGE speed, higher resolution screen (the 8900 screen looks better but side but it's not a huge deal honestly) and more app memory the 8900 is for you. Either is really 'better' than the other IMHO. I do LOVE my 8900 though.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

beLLa16 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    my husband tried the iphone and ran back to his first love... blackberry

I'm pretty sure the iPhone is out of the equation at this point. I guess the debate now is Bold or 8900. Is there a noticeable difference in the 3g vs EDGE? I do like the compact size of the curve and the 8900 is supposed to be a bit smaller...real hard decision. Will AT&T even have the 8900? Which one plays video? So many questions...sorry if I sound like a complete noob.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I've got 14 months left on my contract (March 2010 but I start shopping early LOL) and I'm in the same boat as the OP. Except my decision is even more complicated by the fact that I may be dumping T-Mo (for AT&T or Sprint). I want either the 8220 or the 8900 (or a CDMA version of either phone, or a Palm Centro).

I know I will probably have a learning curve again if I decide to get the 8900 going back to a full keyboard from SureType land. I just hope I can get a package somewhere CLOSE to what I pay now for better service:

Unlimited BIS and text: $34.99
    300 Whenever Minutes: $39.99
    WiFi Access: $19.99
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 01-22-2009 at 09:14 PM.

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    The only reason to go to an IPhone from a BB is if

1) You've suffered a recent head injury.

2) Have recently been declared duuumb

3) Have lost all self esteem

4) Need something to scrape your BBQ grill

VIVA LA BB

iKevin09 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    302CC0D6
    Quote Originally Posted by boomermarkovich View Post
    The only reason to go to an IPhone from a BB is if

1) You've suffered a recent head injury.

2) Have recently been declared duuumb

3) Have lost all self esteem

4) Need something to scrape your BBQ grill

VIVA LA BB
    HAHA Nice. Viva la Blackberry. Hear, hear.

iPhones are nice. Nice GUI, but the Bold and Curve 8900 offer OS 4.6 which has really nice eye-candy as well. You don't really have a personalized background in the applications screen. It's just a black background. How boring.

The way that the iPhone uses a virtual keyboard, would never beat a physical keyboard. Hands down. Though, there is auto-correcting text, the feel of a physical keyboard is a huge thing, for me at least.

There is no MMS.

The screen is prone to cracking, since it is made of glass. The Blackberry's screen is 100% acrylic, so it would scratch, but is very though to crack.

Just by $0.02USD worth.
    Inside the mind of a gay high school athlete. Sound interesting? See below.
    Twitter|Blog|Flickr|iJustine
    Add me on BlackBerry Messenger. I don't bite. PIN: 302CC0D6.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I've used a Curve for a while now and Monday I upgraded to the Bold. I was going to save my upgrade for the 8900, but who knows when AT&T will get it. I loved my 8310, but I must say that this 9000 is an awesome device, I think I'm keeping it. I've still got two more upgrades coming this year (many children) so I can always pick up an 8900 later. You cannot go wrong with a Bold~via 9000
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here's BGR's take on the iPhone from a couple days ago. In their follow-up critique on Blackberry, they had trouble coming up with any complaints:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/f214/top_10_improvements_needed_for_iphone-100256/

Quote Originally Posted by Berryadict View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Here's BGR's take on the iPhone from a couple days ago. In their follow-up critique on Blackberry, they had trouble coming up with any complaints:
    http://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=100256
    Solid info thanks. So at this point the iPhone is worthless to me.

Any idea if/when AT&T will be getting the 8900? If not I guess I'll be bold soon enough.

clarkkent51ny no está en línea Themes Pro
    PIN/ID
    305DA705
    I'm up for an upgrade now from Verizon but I def don't want the storm. I'm hearing rumors about a "storm 2". Anyone know what's next for Verizon? I do love my 8330. Is verizon getting the curve 2?

Bri...

bajanbastard no está en línea Stack level 4
    Solid info thanks. So at this point the iPhone is worthless to me.

Any idea if/when AT&T will be getting the 8900? If not I guess I'll be bold soon enough.
    Coming from someone who had a good amount of hands on time with the Bold and a owner of the 8900 i can honestly tell you at all boils down to what you're looking for. The best thing to do is maybe to wait until the 8900 comes out and get some hands on time with both. I used a Bold a while back and HATED it. The Bold IMHO was not worth the cash it was for. Then i got to use a different Bold and it was a totally different device (1st on defective i guess). I really enjoyed my time with it but still it wasn't the Blackberry for me so i got the 8900 and i'm very happy with the choice i made.
    Device history: 8100 > 8320 > 8900 & 9530. Keep crackin'

Does either have video watching/capturing ability? As I stand now, I can't see myself dropping $400 for the Bold, especially when my 8300 is still doing just fine...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast