Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617 LastLast

Glad to hear things worked out for you, ranx. Enjoy the new device!... General Blackberry forum

applejosh no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Glad to hear things worked out for you, ranx. Enjoy the new device!
    applejosh
    iPhone 4 (AT&T)
    OS 4.3

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Hrmmm Sirthinks, berry addict has 2 phones in his avatar, maybe he could start, by the way them there phones look like 8310s hehe, (what i had) tsk tsk.....

But im working on something(along phone replacement lines) so ill let yall know how it turns out, thanks for your thoughts
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

Angus_413 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Awww I just missed it, was gonna donate when I got home tonight, welp glad you got your berry ranx, ill make a donation to the Ottowa boys girls club thing instead!! ~via smartphone~

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Glad to hear you got a new berry ranx.

~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah thanks again to everybody here !! I abused my BB till it died on me lol i got 139 emails coming in the second i turned it on, i talked on BBM, browsed, gooood am i happy ... thanks everybody

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Via smartphone... Woohoo

Thanks for helping take care of the kids. They need all the help we can give them. Some day I may share my story with you.
    Id be glad to hear it - PM if you like

+1 count me in for the phone replacement thing, whenever i get more devices id be GLAD to send one out to anybody in need because now i KNOW what it feels like and i dont want anybody to go through it even for a DAY.

Cant wait for tomorrow morning when i wake up and its THERE. Thats when ill realize this is all not a dream.... Thanks everybody

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. I second that idea.
    Yeah that would be a great idea!!

Thanatos504 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Congratulations on the new device, and I'm glad to see that your torturous situation came to a close...at least in part.
    “There is no limit to the good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.”

--General George C. Marshall, USA

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I am in for the phone replacement plan. Gotta love the stacks for things like this.
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    ~via smartphone~

Well, I have been thinking about it. We would need several repositories to make it work. A couple or more in each of Canada and the US.

This would be to ensure speedy delivery and no need to deal with Customs etc.

We would also need to find a way to control the flow of devices to ensure the service didn't get abused. Just like donating to get someone a device. We know Ranx well, so there was no second thought. My fear was setting a pecedent that could easily be abused.

The same would hold true for an emergency device repository.

Ideas?
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 02-06-2009 at 09:41 AM.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    ~via smartphone~

Well, I have been thinking about it. We would need several repositories to make it work. A couple or more in each of Canada and the US.

This would be to ensure speedy delivery and no need to deal with Customs etc.

We would also need to find a way to control the flow of devices to ensure the service didn't get abused. Just like donating to get someone a device. We know Ranx well, so there was no second thought. My fear was setting a pecedent that could easily be abused.

The same would hold true for an emergency device repository.

Ideas?
    You hit the nail right on the head. I've been mulling it over trying to figure out the best way to handle it. Word will get out that you can get a free BB at Pinstack...just make up a sob story. I think it's a great idea, but more thought needs to be put into it. I don't know whether you could limit donations to members in "good standing" or how you would do it.

I'll keep thinking on it.

ganns1980 no está en línea Themes Pro
    My thought would be to make it more of a private, word of mouth kind of deal. It's an awesome idea, but I can just imagine the way people might abuse this. Even if a deposit was required, that brings up 2 problems right away - 1. They may be in a situation like Ranx, who had just paid a bunch of bills. Even if he had some kind of extra carrier warranty, he'd still have to pay the deductible. 2. Some people would see it as a way to get their hands on a bb for cheap. "Oh, I can say that mine got stolen and get another one real cheap!"

Yeah, there could be a time limit on how long they could have the device for, and we could always report the devices as stolen should someone decide to keep the berry, but that honestly seems like too much of a pain.

IMO, the best way would be word of mouth, through Stackers here who have proven themselves trustworthy.

Let's say I have a friend who needs a loaner bb. If I'm a trusted member of PS, I could make a recommendation, vouch for the person.

I realize that doing it in a more private than public way may seem like playing favorites, but it would be one way to keep abuse of the system down.

My .02 USD.
    Proof of absence is not absence of proof.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoUp View Post
    You hit the nail right on the head. I've been mulling it over trying to figure out the best way to handle it. Word will get out that you can get a free BB at Pinstack...just make up a sob story. I think it's a great idea, but more thought needs to be put into it. I don't know whether you could limit donations to members in "good standing" or how you would do it.

I'll keep thinking on it.
    Might be an option to allow for the only those that have posted a certain number of times or have achieved a certain trust level.

Also... have a requirement that they must contribute to the repository within a year? Might be hard to do, and keep track of though.

Just thoughts... but a great idea

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    Might be an option to allow for the only those that have posted a certain number of times or have achieved a certain trust level.

Also... have a requirement that they must contribute to the repository within a year? Might be hard to do, and keep track of though.

Just thoughts... but a great idea
    I was thinking they would be loaner devices, on loan for a specified time until the borrower is able to acquire a new device.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I like where this is going and i also like ganns' idea about one trusted member that has proven her/his worth to vouch for somebody in need.
    I can handle the Canadian repository as I always ship devices to stackers be it in Toronto, Las Vegas, New York, Barbados, Calgary etc..
    Let me know how you guys want to do this I'm ALL up for giving back and I will try to get a BB asap to throw in the repo so I can give back (let me see what i can do by the end of this month or the one after - hopefully a 4.6 device like the flip).

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    how long would you suggest someone can loan the device? what happens if they don't return the device? Might be easier to just let them keep the device if they make a $50 contribution to the Repository Fund or something... maybe to charity...

These devices were going to be donations.. all might depend on how many devices are collected.... hmmm