Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yes i do know what they use they cell phones for duty.... General Blackberry forum

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

phones

Advertisement

yes i do know what they use they cell phones for duty.
    Last edited by mike22; 04-26-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: correction

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    If it's such a concern to you mike, that the big bad cop is doing it and you can't----even though he's your brother, you need to call the department and make a complaint against him!

This thread was to let you all know what was coming and the ways you can get a ticket---and to let you know that "Well, officer, I was reading directions" isn't going to cut it.

If you want to complain about what the big bad cops are doing....get the license plate number of the car you see doing somthing illegal----and call the station and make a complaint. The city(ies) didn't like it's citizens driving and texting/talking so they made a law, their version of the complaint. If a citizen doesnt' like what it's cops/city workers are doing, make your complaint.

Why complain and whine???? Makes absolutely NO sense and won't get you anywhere!

And Mike---how will a lap top keep his ID private??? LOL....and CPS/Hospitals dont have the computers that cops have.....LOL....too funny.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    ASKME

Gps

DID NOT MEAN this too get out of hand,i love the police we need them,i think its a great law,no cells while driving,sorry if i offended you.
    Last edited by doughdaddy; 04-26-2008 at 12:52 PM.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    ^^to all above, if you read the laws in most states concerning cell phone, laptop use and seat belt laws, almost all are written with the exclusion of police officers. In order to perform their duties as they have been hired and trained (trained being a key word), they need the equipment and the ability to use it. Besides, now most dispatches from the 911 center are sent via laptop to the responding officers, this allows more info and also privacy from scanner users and ambulance chasers.

Your job (unless your a cop) doesn't include the requirement to use the cell phone or laptop while driving.

PIN/ID
    ASKME

cells

sorry for getting out of hand,i agree with you total,i am one of the philly finest,just playing around.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Do you know why they are on their phone? 99% of calls they are making are to CPS, hospitals, detectives, dispatch for more information, etc..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Well said! Law enforcement, Fire fighters, EMT's, etc, have a tough enough job without having to be criticized by the average lay person who has no clue just exactly how challenging and mission critical their positions are.

These people have many obstacles to overcome in the course of their day, much of which is in _addition_ to their main job description. Such as navigating through clusters of vehicles on the road, driven by people who are not paying attention, not heeding the rules of the road and failing to move aside as these emergency vehicles are trying to get to their destinations. Blocking intersections as they sit in their cars unwilling to budge.

l am on the road a lot and see far too much of this. I have great respect for the individuals who have chosen to serve and protect us. Let's not be so quick to judge. After all they are people too.

Cheers!

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i personally wait for red lights to look or use my phone. I don't like to use it while driving because of the horror stories I've heard, but here in nyc and when I'm in miami I see cops driving and using there cell phones all the time.. What makes it any different for them? I also see people in general eatting and driving. I think that's just as dangerous as using a cell phone and driving.. Or smoking and driving. You drop your ciggerette.. You going to take your eyes off the road and try and find it b4 you burn a hole in your car. Basically the point I'm making is everything you do while driving that takes you attention away from driving is dangerous and can cause an accident in the blink of an eye. Tickets won't stop this. Its a fact of life. The message is be carefull. Be safe. And use your common sense...

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by NICKY88XX View Post
    What makes it any different for them?
    Refer to my post above...

PIN/ID
    And like I said nik..if you feel that an officer is doing something unsafe, call and make a formal complaint. Don't whine about it.

PIN/ID
    ASKME

case closed

nobody is whining about it,just stating an opion on a law that most people dont even give a crap about.case close

PIN/ID
    Apparently you give a crap because you keep posting! :-)

And since you claim to be a cop...it should matter to you! :-)

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Quote Originally Posted by mike22 View Post
    TALKING gps IS free WITH sprint,EVERY TIME I SEE A COP they r talking on there personal phone,

Yup and a few cops that I know use their phones for personal calls while driving their car!! Me personally I use my bluetooth and talking gps if needed its hard enough to try and text while driving with my curve!! And sorry for offending anybody for calling cops douch's but the cops here in dallas will pull you over for anything!!

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Can't we all just get along people!!! I love you, you love me, where a happy family with a great big hug and a kiss from me to you!!! Quoted by BARNEY - The purple Dinosaur ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Whose whining? I said the point of my post was that anything you or a police officer or me or a governer or a king or anyone that does something anything to distract them from taking there eyes off the road is and can be dangerous.. And there is no police officer training on driving while talking on your cell phone safely. Or better yet using a laptop while your driving safely courses don't exsist. Just like anyone else a cop a regular person either way can and is dangerous. Noones whining its a fact and read my points on my posts.

PIN/ID
    Ummm...they actually do teach them to divide their attention while driving....anyway....mod, will someone delete this post? Its getting ridiculous....what was meant to be informative has become a bitch fest. Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast