Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I was just doing some thinking and checked with hubby who is a cop. Starting ... General Blackberry forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Get a talking GPS----or risk a TICKET!!!

Advertisement

I was just doing some thinking and checked with hubby who is a cop. Starting July 1st if you are caught texting/emailing/reading your phone while driving, you will get a ticket....and the law states that if the cop so much as THINKS you are doing any of those, you will get a ticket....(so dont look at the phone for the time, or to check the caller ID! LOL!).....

SOOOO----all those that are using Google Maps for directions (or just emailing them to yourself)...BEWARE!!! You can get a ticket for it!!!!!

Those that have the GPS enabled BB's.....start some thinking about paying for the turn by turn direction apps, or some free talking apps or something....because if we are using the free Google Maps and reading our directions-----hellllooooo ticket (and granted it's cheap, but it's still a ticket....for the cost of the ticket....you could have gotten a GPS program!)

And this includes driving and entering an address for the GPS-----keep in mind----telenav (att's gps)....has a "speak it" option to find an address.

Just a friendly reminder!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    Doesn't that depend on where you live tho? Was here in dallas there are a few places you can get a ticket for using you phone while driving! Depends on if the cop wants to be a douche or not!!~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Here in cali the definate date is July 1st....ANYWHERE you can get a ticket for being on the phone and talking/typing if the cop says you were being "unsafe"....but here in Cali they had to "specify" for the uppitty-ups who would get lawyers to fight it! LOL!.....

And hey---you call him a douche....I call him a person doing his job! LOL! I have been almost run off the road by idiots on their phones, and I am sure I have been that said idiot a few times.

SOOOO----just an FYI....you can risk it or not!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

CybaCowboy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21445DCA
    It's unsafe to be looking at the screen or otherwise using you're phone whilst driving anyway...

It's d#*@h+!?s that use their phones whilst driving that kill innocent people - murder by ignorance.

Furthermore, there's no reason for it - with free (voice-enabled) GPS solutions like Nav4All ( http://www.nav4all.com from your BlackBerry) and bluetooth car-kits costing as little as $US92.65 ($AU99), there is simply no excuse...

~ Posted wirelessly from my BlackBerry 8800 (http://wap.pinstack.com) ~

anaenima no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think thats fine. There's alot of idiot drivers here in Cali (LA) who are on their phones all the time while driving.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ So to be fair if u are reading printed directions you will get a ticket too, right?

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    so i guess the cops in cali cant use there laptops in there police car while driving then. that would be breaking the law...

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by melissaox View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ So to be fair if u are reading printed directions you will get a ticket too, right?
    Good, point......
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    So when we are driving we should be......driving and paying attention to the road? Hey, there's a novel idea! Pull over if you want to talk or text, nothing is that important that it should risk others lives.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

PIN/ID
    To be fiar- yes you can get a ticket when reading paper directions----any action to be construed as dangerous can get you a ticket.

Anf fritter---you CAN get a ticket smoking in your car. I have a chp friend who works in a high fire area....you ash out your car and he catches it, you get a ticket.

I have yet to see a cop typing on his laptop while driving....however, where I live they are two to a car----but IMO, if you are driving a cop car, and are speeding while doing something dumb (like typing on the computer) it means you are going to save someones life, so by all means, do it.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    i can see the smoking thing wow. what about nav systems? Only thing they are trying to do in texas is ban talking on phone. you have to use speaker phone or bt headset.

PIN/ID
    Most nav systems (at least the ones I have had- in car or "loose", with the exception of telenav on the phone) turn their "touch" pads off when the vehicle is moving---and telenav has that option...you can turn it on if you want.

mike22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

Gps

TALKING gps IS free WITH sprint,EVERY TIME I SEE A COP they r talking on there personal phone,

PIN/ID
    Do you know why they are on their phone? 99% of calls they are making are to CPS, hospitals, detectives, dispatch for more information, etc...do you want cops running to the station all the time to make a work related call? Or better yet, let's really raise property tax (because that's what pays city cops) so We can buy and pay for cell phones, or walkie talkies.....yeah, that's not a better deal. *eye roll*.....I guess some people just want to complain. I have no problem with a law that will carry consequences for these yahoos who hold up traffic on the canyon because they can't talk on their phone and pay attention to where they are going.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast