I would like to know your opinion on the O/S version 4.2 offered by Telefonica ... General Blackberry forum

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

General questions for Cingular 8700c / Telefonica Venezuela 4.2 O/S users

Advertisement

I would like to know your opinion on the O/S version 4.2 offered by Telefonica Venezuela.

Have you had any major issues with the operating system, and would anyone know if
    the applications such as jivetalk, beyond411, texas hold'em king 2, opera mini, gmail app and
    google maps work? I would assume that the majority of this applications work but I'm more focuses on jivetalk 0.6.2 working with the 4.2 o/s

I'm most likely going to upgrade tonight when I have the time, I was just looking for any quick opinions or anything to keep a heads up on before I make the switch...

Also I'm assuming that the Cingular theme will be gone as well as the Cingular loading image that takes place when the device is powered up for the first time or restarted in replace with a Telefonica logo is that correct?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: General questions for Cingular 8700c / Telefonica Venezuela 4.2 O/S users

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I don't have that device but I can tell you that the Cingular splash screen will show up on your phone no matter what OS is on the phone. I have Telefonica's 4.2 OS on my Pearl from TMobile USA.

Opera Mini, Beyond411, Google Maps and Gmail all work fine. I don't use JiveTalk.

I love the upgrade from TIM Italy OS. I had a few issues with that OS, and had to replace my first Pearl because of problems with it. My new Pearl is working much better.

Hope this helps.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm debating if I should upgrade my device to the 4.2 operating system and if so, what one the tmobile one you've been using or the venuzuela version.. Or now if it's even worth it.I don't want my device to brick out.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I think you'll have better luck installing the Chinese version. From Optus, it fixes some of the problems in the Telfonica release. It fixed the media player bug and some others. Look for it in the 8700 section.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm using the Telefonica Venezuela 4.2 OS.

junoreactor no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2486B0D9

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the chinese OS is very stable.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by glenn01
    Also I'm assuming that the Cingular theme will be gone as well as the Cingular loading image that takes place when the device is powered up for the first time or restarted in replace with a Telefonica logo is that correct?
    Nope -- splash screens can't be changed on any BB.

You can unlock the themes in the OS if you remove the vendor ID's from blackberry.alx before upgrading the OS on your BB (but after you've installed the handheld software on your PC). Every OS load contains multiple themes but some are hidden depending on the carrier of the OS load.

mattbrody no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2111E9AA

I am using the lattes OS from telefonica venezuela, since i am. Actualy a user of this service provider... But i didnt know that you culd sap your OS to others carriers... So if thats true, what would it be the BEST absolute OS for a 7250 on CDMA???

Thanks