When I turned on my "new" BB that I bought from eBay some months ago, ... General Blackberry forum

mikej77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question General, or stupid, question regarding 6280

Advertisement

When I turned on my "new" BB that I bought from eBay some months ago, I noticed that it still had the previous owners information, as well as 3000+ contacts. Is there a way to mass delete all of this information, or am I stuck deleting things one at a time?

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    Try going to Options/Security Options/General Settings. Open the menu and see if there isn't an command Wipe Handheld. Don't know if that option is available on your device but If so, it will clear out all the Previous owner information.

If not, Select Enable Password, set one, then Turn off the BB, Turn it Back on and when asked enter a different (Incorrect) password. enter the incorrect password 10 times. This will do the same thing. just takes longer.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ If its anything like other BB's you can go to options, then security, then general settings, then click wheel and choose wipe handheld. The password will be blackberry. Let us know if you need further help.

Djmarbll no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    219C9716

Re: General, or stupid, question regarding 6280

Hopefully the previous user you bought the device from doesn't have an IT policy. A master wipe won't remove that, only the IT admin can.