Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello to everyone! Today i picked up my first BlackBerry, the 8830 World Edition, seems ... General Blackberry forum

walshk79 no está en línea Stack level 1

General New BlackBerry user questions...

Advertisement

Hello to everyone!

Today i picked up my first BlackBerry, the 8830 World Edition, seems like an amazing phone but thier is alot i have to learn and/or get use too...

Info - Provider is verizon and i did get the data package

I have gone onto blackberry and signed up, then i linked my emails (3) for now up to the phone, in which now they show on my BB...

I have a few questions though...

1. Everytime i get and email, its going to show up in my email that it was sent to, as well as the messages thing too?

2. As far as messages go, is thier anyway to create categories so that one is incoming messages and the other is sent messages...is kinda weird seeing all of them together

3. Can i use my aim instant messaging with this phone? I'm not sure how to go about doing this if possible?

4. Does anyone have any reccomendations on how to setup the blackberry to get the most out of it?

Thanks!

mlin13 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: General New BlackBerry user questions...

Welcome to the stacks!

Every time you receive an email on your 3 linked accounts, the email will be pushed to your phone and also appear in the inbox of your email account online. Do you have Gmail?

I'm not sure... you can check if this is the same on your phone, click on Messages > hit Menu > Options > General Options
    You can configure the options. One option on my 8100 is to separate SMS and Email Inboxes. Looks like you can also Hide Sent messages.

good luck!

i do have a gmail account and its linked

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

1. Everytime i get and email, its going to show up in my email that it was sent to, as well as the messages thing too? Yes, it's going to do that.. What I did was hide my email icon and just read the emails in the messages folder.

2. As far as messages go, is thier anyway to create categories so that one is incoming messages and the other is sent messages...is kinda weird seeing all of them together Nope, that's just how it's set up

3. Can i use my aim instant messaging with this phone? I'm not sure how to go about doing this if possible? You can, but you'll have to download a 3rd party IM application for it. I recommend (as well as everyone else) jivetalk

4. Does anyone have any reccomendations on how to setup the blackberry to get the most out of it?
    Yes! Check out all of the applications we have listed here in the forums as well as the games, etc. Also set up bb messenger.. it's awesome!
    /~*brooke

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

go to Mail-options-general options- Hide Sent Messages-Yes

yes if you have data plan you can use aim.
    MSN: www.blackberry.com/msnmessenger
    AIM: www.blackberry.com/aim
    Or you can purchase 3rd party software like Jivetalk to have all in one.

I would recommend reading Sticky's on top of each forum section. You will find a lot of useful guides and how to's

BusterJames no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2422753A

#3: There is an application called Jivetalk. www.beejive.com

Have fun and welcome!

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Welcome to the Stacks!

Blackberries have a Default "Inbox" Messages folder. All incoming messages flow through this folder. Each email account you set up on the device will also get its own separate folder. You can go into the Options menu and elect to have your SMS messages go into a separate folder than the combined Messages folder.

BBs are unique in that they can be customized many ways to suit the owner's needs. The email/SMS messages is one way. Some users prefer to have the separate folders for each account, and they elect to "hide" the combined messages folder. Others, (like me) do the opposite, using the consolidated folder only and hiding all the other folders to keep the application folder less cluttered.

You can use AIM on the phone. Your best bet would be to use a program called Jive Talk. Its a program you have to pay for, but its well worth the cost.

Browse around the Stacks, you'll learn a lot just by flipping through the various sections.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

brooke the bb messanger is the one done by using a pin right? thats like im to other bb's?

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

for Gmail there is a separate fix.

The solution is to log into the BlackBerry page through your computer and set up a filter. Select "From" field contains youremail@gmail.com and select "Do Not Forward to Device." Otherwise every email you send from your BlackBerry through your Gmail account will appear on your

Quote Originally Posted by walshk79 View Post
    brooke the bb messanger is the one done by using a pin right? thats like im to other bb's?
    Correct that's with your PIN #
    /~*brooke

PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

correct BB Messenger is only BB = BB.
    -------
    omg brooke beat me again i retire
    Last edited by kentrg; 11-12-2007 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Automerged.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

To answer your questions:

1. Yes your email will show up on your email inbox as well as your BB email account that it was pushed to.

2. There is no way to separate incoming and sent messages in your email folder but you can separate sms and email into separate folders. If you wish to save the sent messages or received messages you can do this, but it still won't separate them.

3. You can use aim IM if you download JiveTalk which is the best 3rd party app IM program:
    www.beejive.com available via PC or OTA download. There are some other IM clients as well, but Jive is definitely the best one. You can try the 30 day trial, but when you are ready to purchase, go for the multi-license as it allows you to transfer the app to multiple BB PIN's in the event that you upgrade your device. Well worth the $10 difference in license cost.

4. To set up BB to get the most out of it, check out our download section here: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.html
    PinStack shop here: http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/P...p?deviceID=674
    Themes for your BB here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...xx_themes.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ta_themes.html

Enjoy!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    correct BB Messenger is only BB = BB.
    -------
    omg brooke beat me again i retire
    Haha, sorry! I just have nothing better to do @ work while overtiming.. it's quiet around here after 5!
    /~*brooke

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by walshk79 View Post
    Check out this thread on BB messaging: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._answered.html
    and Brooke put it a little more concisely here with
    a little additional stuff:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...enger_faq.html
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

if you dont know anyone with a BB does that defet the purpose of using bb messanger?

thanks you everyone that has provided me with all this information!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast