Sorry Blackberry... I just upgraded my 8820 to iPhone 3Gs and so far I love ... General Blackberry forum

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Gave up...

Advertisement

Sorry Blackberry...
    I just upgraded my 8820 to iPhone 3Gs and so far I love it. The only thing I miss so far are different sound profiles.
    Wait a minute. Not emails? Not physical keyboard? etc.

Well, I actually prefer emails on iPhone. It is organized _exactly_ the same as in my Gmail. It might not be pushed, but if I reply on iPhone it shows up as a neat conversation online. That's cool.

Keyboard? I type as fast on iPhone as on BB and its been only 3rd day.

The main reasons to switch?
    1. Web browsing just sucks on BB.
    2. For whatever reason my BB was recognizing my Boss headphones as microphone and will not work. Here goes my music.
    3. When I called blackberry headquarters and told them that my wife's Curve performs a battery pull by itself and stays off until I plug it in, I have heard that they will help me but I have to pay upfront to even talk to them. ATT didn't give a damn cuz it was out of warranty, but I'm hearing that it is Curve's known issue and they will still not help me.
    4. Applications. No comment
    5. Really slow in releasing software updates.

But it's been fun! No hurt feelings BB.

iamlife098 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad to hear you're enjoying you're new 3GS! Hey to each his own. I have a BB 8900 and the browser on it is awesome, but I've actually been thinking about giving iPhone a try.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

cubus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by iamlife098 View Post
    Glad to hear you're enjoying you're new 3GS! Hey to each his own. I have a BB 8900 and the browser on it is awesome, but I've actually been thinking about giving iPhone a try.
    You know what I found sad about BB browser. Web didn't look good, that's fine. But not all web sites worked well. Especially those that you'd to fill some fields and then search or proceed basing on them (ie. Enterprise car rental).

I just booked my car using iphone yesterday and it worked like a charm.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    I'm selling my storm and going to get an iphone. Although I'm going to use it mainly as a media device. Imo, and this may change but I don't see it, nothing right now can replace my bold for business. It does everything I need right, sure it doesn't have the app selection the iphone does but the apps that are there work and are geared towards business. I'm going to give it a try but I feel it just going to be my media device.

curve247 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    as said to each his/her own. its been said before "you will be back". Hope you enjoy!
    "T-Dub"
    T- Mo: BB 9700, 8900, 8220
    Sprint: BB 8330, 8830, 8130, 8703, 7250

But there's a beautiful view of the end of the world from the pier.....

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Enjoy your iPhone and as you learn it and have things to report be sure to post so other user who are on iPhone or are thinking about it will have some kind of reference. We need users of all kinds to keep us up to date with the latest smartphones.

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by curve247 View Post
    as said to each his/her own. its been said before "you will be back". Hope you enjoy!
    I predict you will run as fast as you can back to RIM, eventually.

But, enjoy the iPhone. The iPhone is simply not for me and I'll never switch to Apple, but I realize different phones suit different people. I'm still waiting on getting an 8900. About a year and a half ago I thought the 8100 was the best phone ever made...I can't wait to upgrade to the 8900.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Don't forget to update the "Device" section of your profile.

Smartphones Rule!

green_light no está en línea Stack level 3
    Couldn't live without my BlackBerry !