Any switchers from a full qwerty to a suretype out there? I am looking to ... General Blackberry forum

BCoop8184 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

full qwerty to suretype

Advertisement

Any switchers from a full qwerty to a suretype out there? I am looking to switch from my 8703e to the new pearl on Vzw when it comes out. I do a lot of texting/PIN/email on my device and Im not sure how that move will go. any advice? I like the idea of having a much smaller device, one with a memory card slot, 3.5mm jack, and gps, but not sure about the suretype. Im not a fan of the 8830... Thanks!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F

Re: full qwerty to suretype

Why not the curve?? Its significantly smaller than the 8700

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

verizon doesn't have the curve yet joe

Bcoop it will take some time for the pearl to learn some words. It gets a lot better after some use. I like it a lot. Just keep typing and don't look at the screen. It will find the most likely word. It's just like T9 but alot better. Don't give up on it just takes a bit of getting use to.

You can also go into the custom words and keep that all organized since it will learn from your messages and emails and and to the list.

To get to the Options on how it learns go to
    Options>Language>Input Options then select how you want it to learn. I just have all the options checked.

Good luck. If you need more answers just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BCoop8184
    Any switchers from a full qwerty to a suretype out there? I am looking to switch from my 8703e to the new pearl on Vzw when it comes out. I do a lot of texting/PIN/email on my device and Im not sure how that move will go. any advice? I like the idea of having a much smaller device, one with a memory card slot, 3.5mm jack, and gps, but not sure about the suretype. Im not a fan of the 8830... Thanks!
    Red's correct -- It takes only a short time to feel right at home with the Suretype. I switch back and forth between QWERTY devices and suretype all the time. About an hour of emailing and texting will make it second nature! It's easy enough that it should not be a consideration at all in regards which device you choose.

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F

I agree with the others. I can type fast using suretype without much of a problem. You get a few mistakes here and there but overall I have had a positive experience.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Thanks guys. I think I might just upgrade to the pearl when it hits the streets on Vzw. While I would really like to switch over to TMo and just get a curve, it might just be easier to stick with verizon, then I dont have to pay any ETF or what not. Also, I am on a family plan so it makes it much cheaper, not to mention most of the people I call have Vzw so calls in network are free. Thanks again.

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i recently went from sure type to qwerty and it was and still is awkward one thing is for sure i miss surertye because could type much faster but why not get the 8830

PIN/ID
    32B12DA7

Im not a fan of the 8830, my sister has it as do many friends and I prefer my 8703e with a scratched screen and extra weight over a new, slimmer 8830. Just dont like hte feel of it in my hands but I think the tiny pearl might be a nice change.