Hey everyone, I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. This ... General Blackberry forum

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Frustrated With Bluetooth, Any Ideas??

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I have a question I am hoping someone can help me with. This is not my first train wreck on the BB train but this one is got me stumped. I have the Curve 8310 and my daughter has the Pearl 8110. We have been paired on each others phone, no problem. Our problem comes in when we try to transfer files to one another. It starts off okay, then it says searching for device (after one or the other has been selected), shows 100% but it isn't it says Failed to Find Service. What is that all about? If bluetooth is on and set up, then what is the issue? Any ideas? Any information at all would be helpful.

And yes, this happens weather I am sending to her or she is sending to me. It is so FRUSTRATING!

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Not sure why the bluetooth isn't working but you can transfer files to each other via Blackberry Messenger. Have you tried that?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Leetneo no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    316D16C7
    has to be under a certain file size. thinkin its like 25kb.

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    When your daughter is sending you something via bluetooth. Go to the file you would like to save it in then click on the menu/receive using bluetooth. Then have her click send using bluetooth.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindararith View Post
    When your daughter is sending you something via bluetooth. Go to the file you would like to save it in then click on the menu/receive using bluetooth. Then have her click send using bluetooth.

That's correct. Whoever is receiving the information must go into media, then hit the menu and choose receive using bluetooth. The phone has to be in receive mode to actually get the file, even if the phones are paired to eachother.

TorturedNacho no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    208EB87C
    Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta View Post
    That's correct. Whoever is receiving the information must go into media, then hit the menu and choose receive using bluetooth. The phone has to be in receive mode to actually get the file, even if the phones are paired to eachother.
    Hrmm i've never sent using bluetooth. but thats something everyone should know. Even if they dont sent using Bluetooth.

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    Not sure why the bluetooth isn't working but you can transfer files to each other via Blackberry Messenger. Have you tried that?

Thanks! We do transfer files that way as well, but there are others in my family that do not use the BB. So, this was an issue that had me stumped. Thanks again.

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindararith View Post

Thank you for letting me know. I sure don't remember having to do that with my other BB but, who knows. Maybe I did? Thanks again for the information.

Lindararith no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm happy to help.