Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I am sorry, but these water damage stickers are a freakin' joke. I meant to ... General Blackberry forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Fresh Out Of Box Battery With Water Damage

Advertisement

I am sorry, but these water damage stickers are a freakin' joke.

I meant to post this the other day, but forgot.

Anyways, I went to TMobile the other day to replace the 8700 so I bought a new one.

Yeah, well I was swapping batteries out since the battery I had in my FUBAR 8700 was fully charged, and I noticed that the BRAND NEW battery already indicated that it had water damage!?!?!?!

And this was a brand new unit...No refurb or anything...And I took the battery directly out of the plastic bag from the box and noticed it.

We need to start a revolt against these "water indicators" being used as an excuse for wireless companies to void the warranty. I mean, this is just ridiculous in all honesty. I am wondering if they make them so sensitive that they PURPOSELY will show water damage with the slightest hint of water.

I mean, its ridiculous when a humid day can actually trip your water indicator, thus voiding your warranty.

I completely understand the fact that if a defect is CAUSED by water damage or even MAY have been caused by water damage, the voiding of the warranty.

BUT, my spring in the trackwheel somehow jammed and that is in NO WAY relating from anything water related at all.

OK, done venting now, but these wireless companies need to lax the restrictions a little bit.

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Fresh Out Of Box Battery With Water Damage

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Did you take it back?

smartphish no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    LDI indicators are there to protect the company. If it's humid enough to make the LDI turn red/pink, then it's humid enought to damage the phone. Besides, that's what insurance is for. Each BlackBerry device must pass QA at least twice, once while it is made, and a second time when it is boxed by the provider. Are you sure you were mistaking the "Xs" across the LDI indicator? Those "bleed" when wet, so their appearance is not anything to be worried about.

jhowle no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    PLEASE KEEP INMIND IT IS SUP[POSED TO HAVE A RED STRIP ON THE BATTERY. WHEN IT HAS WATER DAMAGE IT TURNS COMPLETELY RED

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4
    N8 is pretty sharp, so I feel sure that he knows what he was looking at. Then there is the fact that some carriers will not insure BB or Palms. I can attest to the fact that neither of my devices have been dunked or exposed to water, but yet that sticker turns. They need a more reliable and a little less indicator. It seems that if you freakin sneeze the indicator turns.

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Not always, companies cannot deny you an exchange based on an LDI. That is only used as primary identification. When you process an exchange, they will inside the phone for scorching, burn marks, and other signs of liquid or physical damage.

PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    PROTECT YOURSELF BUY THE EQUIPEMENT AT THE STORE AND OPEN IT INFRONT OF THE SALES PERSON

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Agreed, but every rep should be checking for it out-of-the-box anyway.

PIN/ID
    3115EE05
    SOME ITEMS ARE SEALED AND CAN'T BE OPEND BY THE CLERKS FOR FEAR THEY CAN'T SELL IT AS NEW

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    After the phone is purchased, the rep is supposed to assemble the phone for the customer and check the contents and phone's condition.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    I know man.. it's complete BS. I returned a damaged 8700 and Tmobile said that it was caused by liquid damaged so I had to pay that $110 deductible (good thing I have insurance) when I got the phone it was already damaged, right out of the box.

PIN/ID
    Ask me.
    Did you get it instore or online/phone? Usually, if it's a corp. store, you can return it if you explain it to the reps and that it wasn't your fault, esp if it's the same day.

potthoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    You guys keep mentioning insurance. Cingular said that I couldn't insure my BB through Cingular, so I cancelled the insurance I once had on my previous phone (Razr - piece of doo doo). They said that my homeowners policy would cover it.

Has anyone else heard this? I'm temporarily living with my mother. Will her homeowners plan cover my BB?

THANKS!!!

pforsell no está en línea Stack level 1

I have this problem also. Just got mine last week. WTF?

kane no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID

i dont pay those stickers any attention you can take them off and replace them whenever i have a phone that gets wet i just swap stickers with another phone so i dont have to wait for insurance to send me a phone when the store can replace it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast