hey all does any one know of a software for a computer to be able ... General Blackberry forum

inc188 no está en línea Stack level 4

free wordl wide sms?

Advertisement

hey all

does any one know of a software for a computer to be able to text world wide for free?

let me know

thanks

DoubleM no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Re: free wordl wide sms?

computer to computer or computer to phone?

probably bb to another fone

thanks..

i found Cellity Free sms.. any thoughts?

PIN/ID
    Ask me

Unfortunately, I am not familiar will any program offering free sms. Be careful and research the term "free." Free to use or free to use through your service provider?

PIN/ID
    Ask me

After reviewing Cellity's site I found this.....

*Your provider may charge you for data transfer via GPRS. Please check your contract to be sure you have a reasonable price for data.

yes.. you are right... i got data... so it should be all good.. but it deosnt seem to be working.. i have sent a few messages but no luck

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

I have successfully sent text messages from here in the US using my BB to my family's phones in Bangladesh. The phone settings to be used are a bit tricky and I still haven't figured out which one to use exactly and how long the time lag is.

Right now I've narrowed it down to 2 possible ways to send. This I can tell you... You'll have to use the country code and the exact phone #... Once I have my berry up and running again I'll try and give you some more specific details.

Cellity is nice and for me worth the trouble... But the thing needs some polishing. Ability to have a phone book or be able to access the device's phone book. Ability to resend a message with some changes... in the body of the message or the phone # being sent to... Etc.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Several phones have email addresses ie: t-mobile has phonenumber@tmomail.net. This allows you to "email" their phone therefore bypassing the sms server (if you're using a sidekick or blackberry or pda etc). This is what the 3rd party programs do. Another option is get the other party to use an I'm program. Most phones these days have a way to log into aim or yahoo, allowing you to I'm for free again bypassing the sms server. There are a few different tricks to this, depending on the other persons phone options and THEIR provider.

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Any good luck on this anyone?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8

OK. Got my pearl back up. As I mentioned before I've used Cellity to text message from here in the USA to Bangladesh. I narrowed it down to two numbers that I use. One is with 0118802, that is the exact same way that I'd call up the number if I was using a standard phone line to call international. The other is 8802, that is with no international dialing code. Straight to the country code and city code.

Then ofcorse comes the individual phone number. I sent the same message to multiple recipients, the two numbers. One with the international dialing code, one without. Hopefully you'll be able to use this info to send text message someone in another country. Not sure about the time lag.

Good luck and be sure to keep us posted about how you are doing.

data1025 no está en línea Stack level 3

I was able to send an SMS to philippines and was received within a few seconds.

i m trying to sms hong kong... has any one tried this country?

cellity_support no está en línea Stack level 1
    We have a new program that incorporates cellity freeSMS called cellity Communicator http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._download.html
    It has many new features like contact list and phone book support (if supported on your phone).

cellity free messaging works as follows:

For people to receive your FULL free messages without the download link they MUST also have cellity Communicator/freeSMS installed! Only the very first time you message a non-cellity user will they receive part of your message and a download link to install Communicator/freeSMS. Please review how cellity free messages works below:

To send and receive messages you are required to open the cellity Communicator/freeSMS program first. If the program is not open and someone sends you a message then you will receive an unanswerable phone call from the number 00496966102800 indicating you have a message. Now just open the cellity freeSMS client (allowing internet access) and you will be able to view the full new message.

More infomation can also be found at: http://www.cellity.com/en/produkte/freesms.html
    http://www.cellity.com/en/faq/faqfreesms.html

TOP TIP: Add the cellity Ping number (00496966102800) to your phone book with the name " cellity freeSMS Ping ".

If you have any further enquires please do not hesitate to ask and have fun saving while using cellity !
    http://www.cellity.com/en/service/contact.html