Hey all, after using 70 of my 400 text messages in one day I am ... General Blackberry forum

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Free SMS? teleflip?

Advertisement

Hey all, after using 70 of my 400 text messages in one day I am looking for an alternative to send text messages to my friends. I searched and came across teleflip. It seems cool, but the other person cannot respond without finding me in their address book and sending me a message. I also know I can send texts from a computer, but again, it is hard for the other person to respond.

So, are there any other solutions that I could try?

Is there a way to "register" teleflip so that people can respond easier?

Is there a command to check the number of text messages left in a given billing period?

FYI- I am with t-mobile BIS.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Free SMS? teleflip?

Courtlandre, for those friends of yours that have BBs, you can BB Messenger them. For those who don't, you might want to consider downloading an IM client such as JiveTalk. That way is your friends have AOL, Yahoo or other clients, you can IM them using only data.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

courtlandre no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DF64F9

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    Yeah, I know about that, problem is when they respond to it, it is a text message. Oh, well, it cuts down on half of my messages.

Another possible solution: I know when using desktop instant messengers that you can send text messages to phones. Are there any BB text messengers that support this?

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Only the ones that use SMS... Can you get a bigger SMS package? The SMS gateways and relays are work-arounds and, as you've seen, not a great solution.

You could always recruit your friends into the cult of Blackberry and PIN for free...