Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

http://mobile.aol.com/mobileaim/devices/blackberry Send and receive messages in virtual real-time Exchanging messages in virtual real-time means you ... General Blackberry forum

fleshka no está en línea Stack level 3

FREE alternative to JiveTalk. FINALLY!!!!

Advertisement

http://mobile.aol.com/mobileaim/devices/blackberry

Send and receive messages in virtual real-time
    Exchanging messages in virtual real-time means you can get answers right away – whether it’s planning an important meeting or just choosing which movie to see. And messages are exchanged using your BlackBerry data plan, not SMS, so you don’t pay for individual messages.1

SO jivetalk is being pushed everywhere. you can simply download the AIM mobile for blackberry and it DOES NOT use SMS it uses regular data.

seems like it is the one pre-loaded on the tmobile blackberries too. looks like a ton of bad info was given out about it on here.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ummm....not bad info. Jivetalk has been out alot longer and has virtually NO bugs in their system. They have been out long enough to add so much to the program....seems as if a few other providers (AOL, MSN, etc) are just behind the times.

Besides---I am more than willing to pay for a product as long as I know that there is awesome customer service backing my purchase...which for jivetalk, there definately IS!
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

cant say AIM doesnt provide this. been using AIM for years and used it back with nextel in 02 and it worked great.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    There is no difference in this and what was already being provided by RIM and Sprint, seeing how the bottom of the page states:

(Currently only available on the following Sprint Nextel Blackberry devices: 7130e, 8703e, 7100i, 7520, 8830).

still if you dont have to pay 30 dollars for jivetalk, that is another 30 in your pocket IMO

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A
    I think with the AIM that Sprint/Nextel offer only allow you
    to have a certain amount of buddies. And I have the 7100i and tried
    to upgrade to 2.0 a while back and it wouldn't let me.
    So I have version 1.1.15 on my bb. But I don't use it, I use JivaTalk.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fleshka View Post
    still if you dont have to pay 30 dollars for jivetalk, that is another 30 in your pocket IMO
    Only for the Sprint customers using the models I mentioned though. There is no version currently for the new 8130 with the 4.3 OS. Also, JiveTalk allows connection with multiple IM clients, not just AIM. The benefit in this is saved memory since there is one app for almost all IM's.

reesekim no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31A37135
    Good info nonetheless. Thanks Fleshka.
    "I'm so hip, even my errors are correct" - N.Giovanni

mrmoe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I dont use IM on BB much but I occasionally use the BB webmessenger (multi-client). And its free | http://www.webmessenger.com/
    Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
    | The DarkSide of PinStack | FAQ | Downloads |

warren2781 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    I have tried webmessenger and jivetalk. both are good, jivetalk is better and the best of all IM clients. personally I'm using google talk to chat with my msn friends. I only have 11 msn buddy's and 12 that use icq so spending 30 dollars looks like a waste of money, so in my humble opinion google talk using a jabber server to connect to msn icq o whatever is the best free option around...

mikew no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by warren2781 View Post
    so in my humble opinion google talk using a jabber server to connect to msn icq o whatever is the best free option around...
    Hey Warren, May I ask what MSN Server you are using? I can hardly find a reliable one that stays connected for me. Thanks.

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    It seems that the Title of this thread is a bit misleading, the Mobile AIM for BlackBerry is firstly - only for a few Sprint Nextel devices, and secondly ONLY for AIM; having said that it is in no way a "FREE alternative to JiveTalk, FINALLY!!!!"

JiveTalk, supports: AIM, and all the others - MSN, GTalk, ICQ, Jabber, etc. (So you have all your IM in one place and you can actually use them simultaneously) and it works on Any Mobile Device, its always connected, and with the latest updates you have LED alerts.

So, $30 - Worth Every Penny!

shampoo no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    301A58DA
    Ya, I'd be interested in finding a jabber server that supports MSN as well. I've been searching for days with no luck.

J

tgeekb no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2102EF9F
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    It seems that the Title of this thread is a bit misleading, the Mobile AIM for BlackBerry is firstly - only for a few Sprint Nextel devices, and secondly ONLY for AIM; having said that it is in no way a "FREE alternative to JiveTalk, FINALLY!!!!"

JiveTalk, supports: AIM, and all the others - MSN, GTalk, ICQ, Jabber, etc. (So you have all your IM in one place and you can actually use them simultaneously) and it works on Any Mobile Device, its always connected, and with the latest updates you have LED alerts.

So, $30 - Worth Every Penny!
    I agree. While it may be a free alternative for some it in no way is equal to Jivetalk. It does give some who are able to work within it's limitations a minor substitute.
    Never wanted to be a simple man...

tanzim no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2056042F
    I agree with DjSmooth. Title is somehow misleading!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast