Hi, I am new to Blackberry. In fact, I have not gotten rid of my ... General Blackberry forum

sarakanne no está en línea Stack level 1

Former Treo owner

I am new to Blackberry. In fact, I have not gotten rid of my worthless Palm Treo yet. I am looking for the new 8820. Is it available yet. What carriers offer service? Any advice is appreciated. I need to get rid of this Treo--Cingular, sorry AT&T, has replaced it 3 times!! It's no wonder that Palm's stock is down.

Help--I need a Blackberry.

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Former Treo owner

~via BB (

Welcome to pinstack. Last I heard we can expect to see cingular release the 8820 at the end of August.

Natox no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Former Treo owner

Sarakanne, wlecome to Pinstack, the 8820 is not ava at this time , it will be available soon , this is what I found @ the bb website ( UK )

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 4:00 PM PDT
    Research In Motion Ltd. announced the new BlackBerry 8820 Tuesday, saying it's the first dual-mode BlackBerry to provide wireless voice and data access over both cellular and Wi-Fi wireless networks.
    Available through AT&T Inc. later in the summer, the 8820 features a full QWERTY keyboard, a large 320 x 240 display and a trackball navigation system. Pricing was not announced. Previously, AT&T has offered some BlackBerry devices for as low as US$50, plus a monthly voice and data service plan.
    The 8820 includes a built-in GPS support, a media player and an expandable memory slot for micromemory cards up to 32GB, RIM said in a statement. The battery is removable, according to the Waterloo, Ontario-based vendor.
    The new smart phone switches "seamlessly" between EDGE, GPRS and GSM networks and 802.11a/b/g Wi-Fi, according to RIM. It can operate with the BlackBerry Internet Service, allowing a user to manage up to 10 personal and corporate e-mail accounts, or with BlackBerry Enterprise Server installed inside a user's business, which provides IT administration ability for Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell Groupwise systems.
    The phone comes with voice-activated dialing, conference calling, speed dialing and dedicated keys for muting calls and performing other functions. A speakerphone and Bluetooth 2.0 support are provided.
    Wi-Fi security includes Wireless Equivalency Protocol, Wi-Fi Protected Access and WPA2. Also, Cisco Compatible Extensions are provided, as well as IPSec software to support virtual private network gateways from Cisco Systems Inc., Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. and some other VPN vendors.
    Ken Dulaney, an analyst at Gartner Inc., said the new 8820 is "great," adding that "when RIM does something, it usually works well." He said it will be interesting to track whether people start using Wi-Fi for voice to bypass cellular carriers

The BlackBerry 8820 will be available from select wireless carriers around the world in the coming weeks. AT&T is scheduled to launch the BlackBerry 8820 in the U.S. later this summer.