HELP! A little backgroud. I left my company and was able to take my blackberry ... General Blackberry forum

SpngeWrthy no está en línea Stack level 1

Former Corporate (BES) User Probs

Advertisement

HELP!

A little backgroud. I left my company and was able to take my blackberry with me. My former employer used BES. I was able to move my number and account to a personal account. I am on Verizon's network and phone calls are coming in correctly. My phone is a 7130e. Since my departure, I have had a couple of issues.

1) New computer is using Outlook 2007 with exchange. I installed the Desktop Manager and was able to connect to contacts, calendar. Then something changed - not sure what. The net affect was that I was not able to "see" my outlook file in the sync setup. From the sync setup, I selected Outlook and when I hit the browse button to find my file - no worky. Browse button appears available but does not launch a dialog window so that I can select my file. I have uninstall Desktop Manager 4.1, installed 4.2.2, uninstalled 4.2.2, installed 4.3, uninstalled 4.3, went back to 4.2.2. Nothing seams to be working. In a last ditch effort, I did a phone wipe. Still didn't work and now caused problem #2.

2) I can't send email from my phone. I am receiving info via BIS just fine. But can't send. I also have an Enterprise Activation icon that is new.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro

Re: Former Corporate (BES) User Probs

I'm wondering if you still have an IT policy applied to your device that is limiting your access to Desktop Manager.

Not sure how to check that. If I go to Options - Security Options - General Settings, services show *** no service ***. I would think that the wipe would remove any policy.

This is very frustrating.

Steve

Check that...

Under Options - Security Options - General Settings, the IT policy shows "Allow 3rd Pary DL (DST) Last Updated May 8, 2007 10:55 AM"

Any ideas?

Steve

A wipe will not remove an IT Policy. Look right about services, it will tell an IT Policy name there if there is one.

Did you leave the company on good terms? If so, the easiest thing would be to have them remove the IT policy assigned to that device. Otherwise, you may have to use Java loader to reinstall the OS.

Yes, I left on good terms. To avoid miscommunication, can you tell me what I need to ask them to do?

Do you think this will clear up the Outlook sync issue (#1 in original post)? Or just the sending email issue (#2)?

Thanks,
    S
    Last edited by SpngeWrthy; 11-15-2007 at 10:37 AM.