Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You have brought up a very good point for discussion and feedback. The BB was ... General Blackberry forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Re: Forgot my 8800 at home... what a pleasure

Advertisement

You have brought up a very good point for discussion and feedback. The BB was / is the first thing I have ever been "addicted to". While I've never forgotten mine, the thought of not using it and going back to the "old lifestyle" has been a topic of much consideration for me.

In my case what caused this is my personal experience with the new series of BB's, beginning with the 8100, 8300, and 8800 all of which I currently own along with an 8700c and 7130c. While at first during the "honeymoon" period I enjoyed each of them for their various features, I always ended up going back to the 7130c because of the ideal size, except a bit thick at 18mm, wonderful superfast Sure-Type input method, and the form factor being more like a phone instead of a piece of toast.

Also the build quality on the 7130c was stellar, after one full year of use, it's as good as new. I cannot say the same for the 8x series. The 8300 vs 8800 are both of disappointing build quality as well as having relatively funky keyboards. Since I like to pick something and stick with it... I've used ThinkPad laptops for 10 years, upgrading each year, I would be less apt to be posting this if the new BlackBerrys were well built and had better keyboards and phones. For me the deal breaker is not the phone on the 8300, but the overall issues, poor build quality, lack of reliability as compared to the flawless 7130c, etc. And this is not a report on just one of each as I've had 3, 8300's and 2 8800's. Reverting back to the 7130c for a moment I've had 3 of those and each has been very well built. The only reason for three is each time I have been presented with an opportunity to sell them and make money as I usually buy them at a heavily disounted price. So the 7130c has set the bar higher than the rest of the RIM lineup can match.

Going forward I would sincerely like to stay with the BB platform as it's been the best I've ever used. Howeve in lieu of a phone that fits the size requirements I prefer, I'm seriously considering going to something else. So much so that I have not used any BB in the last month and have been using a regular cell phone managing my mail in a minimal way on the phone and doing most of it on my laptop as I did before finding the ideal BB platform.

I remain very disappointed that RIM discontinued the 7130 series. I viewed it as midsize between the 8700 / 8800 series and the Pearl. Just right for me. I simply do not wish to carry a 8800 size device 24/7. And even though I added and extra line to use for a regular phone on the weekends that turned out to be more trouble than it was worth as having a second phone number is not convenient. Nor is it convenient to always be swapping out your sim, which is what I did for some time before getting the second line.

My post is not in anger, or being critical, or a Rant, simply sharing my thougths & experiences and pondering what direction to take going forward. Sooner or later my trusty 7130 is going to be in need of replacement and it appears that RIM who created this (for me) perfect segment of the market is sadly abandoning it. I wonder why they developed the 7130 series only to pull it off the market is far less than one year?

Your thoughts /experiences?

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

guess what..... forgot my phone again today.... seriously.

My new morning routine is to blame.

I started waking up at 5:30am to jump on the treadmill, make lunch, and eat breakfast (which i haven't done for years). Doing all these things this first week on this new regiment has made me forget to grab the bb.

It is ok though, we fired some duche last week and we had a verizon 8830 sitting in the server room. So i re-activated on the 8830 for today... reset grandcentral to this new number. To bad the gps is crippled.

sucks not having my custom ringers on my microsd at home.. but an 8830 will do as a backup.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Haha damn..I feel like you if i ever forgot one i would just pop open a new one out of the box and continue on my day lol
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

oohh btw...

GO RU!

skunk22civic no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2408989b

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I forgot mine at home, u turn solved that quickly!

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

I find having to go poop presents an excellent opportunity to have quality time with my phone. I rarely ever put it down.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12