OK, I need peoples opinion. I'm in the market for a new BB, and TMobile ... General Blackberry forum

SquirrelRN no está en línea Stack level 2

Flip or 8120 Pearl?

Advertisement

OK, I need peoples opinion. I'm in the market for a new BB, and TMobile is my carrier. Should I get a BBFlip or the 8120 Pearl? I'm looking to simplify a little since it turns out I don't use my phone at work(not supposed to have our personal cell phones in the OR). Thanks!

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    The 8220 is the Pearl but just a super Pearl and that it's a flip. I highly recommend the 8220. It's better in every way and form IMO.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.81 OS!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Get a curve, 8800 or the flip. I had the pearl (3 of them actually) and was fed up with the sluggishness of the phone. I highly recommend the Curve, its the best phone i ever owned, or the 8220 if thats the one you want.
    phatman the phat stacker!

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Get the 8220 (Flip Pearl). I have been reading all reviews on the Flip Pearl and have seen the pics. Nice phone.

I come from a long line of SureType BlackBerry's (3 7100t's, 2 7105t's, 3 8100's and 1 8120 since 2004).

On the 8120, my fingers are so tired at the end of the day after chatting on BBMessenger, typing emails, PINs, texting from Upoc.com via the WAP browser, and posting via PinStack's WAP site.

My thumbs were cramping when I first transitioned from the roomy keypad of the 7100 series to the cramped keypad of the Pearl series. I almost sent my first 8100 back for a SideKick 3 (which I ended up with 3 months later anyway...long story LOL).

The WiFi is nice (just upgraded to the HotSpot @ Home feature), but I need a bigger keypad over the WiFi. I will be picking this phone up later this year or early next year (to give it time to get all the bugs ironed out of the first batch of devices).

My advice to the OP would be to go to T-Mo and play with the Flip and the 8120 and see which one feels more comfortable typing on (since coverage isn't an issue as you're already with T-Mo). I will be playing with an 8220 soon and may just bring it home with me LOL

bglawrence no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2746CB17
    have had the 8220 Flip since Monday and LOVE IT. I have had all of them from 7100 to 8700 to 8800 to Curve to Pearl 8100 and 8120 and even the BOLD 9000. The flip is superior. Has best OS, has better notifications which include the glass front. Superior battery and convenience of pocket size. Unlike Obama... the Flip IS "THE ONE". Good luck

makenzie678 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    -
    ~via BB
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

I highly recomend the 8120. I have it and love it. It is a beautiful piece of technology

SquirrelRN no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hi, all. Decided to go with the Flip. I ordered one last night. When I finally get it, I'll post my impressions. Thanks!

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelRN View Post
    Hi, all. Decided to go with the Flip. I ordered one last night. When I finally get it, I'll post my impressions. Thanks!
    Good decision, The flip is way better than the previous pearls. One better thing is the OS, its 4.6 ^.^. Plus is doesnt lag as much as the 81xx's used too. I had the 8100 and i had to clean it very often or it will lag like a biatch.
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...