so I have a dilemma needing sorting. the thumbwheel on my 8700 is on its ... General Blackberry forum

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

flip flop service providers

Advertisement

so I have a dilemma needing sorting. the thumbwheel on my 8700 is on its way out. i don't qualify for an upgrade discount so i would have to pay full price for an 8800. i don't want to spend money on getting the
    8700 fixed if the curve is around the corner with tmo BUT i can get a Cingular Curve for 199 bucks today. Even if i were to get an 8700 from TMO, I'd still ahve to pay $349. I have been with TMO since 2000 and never had any issues aside from some dropped calls here and there.
    Just wondering what some of you think.
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

munee23 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: flip flop service providers

Hey officer.

How long have you had your 8700? I would say stick with TMO, since you been with them for so long. Especially if they haven't given you any major problems. I'm a Cingular user and I could offer is Cingular Primere if your company has a sponsorship with them. They allow for yearly upgrades.

officer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244a6afa

my phone is personal...not a company phone. I've had the 8700 since last August. This is a tough decision. the tmo rep is gonna call me back as he didn't have the authority to allow a change to my account. he didnt want to lose my business that's for sure. I feel like I am trying to cheat on my girlfriend ha ha

even if i cancel the cingular contract early, i am still getting the curve cheaper.
    Last edited by officer; 06-21-2007 at 01:44 PM.
    Buck!!!
    Always somewhere else

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by munee23
    How long have you had your 8700? I would say stick with TMO, since you been with them for so long. Especially if they haven't given you any major problems. I'm a Cingular user and I could offer is Cingular Primere if your company has a sponsorship with them. They allow for yearly upgrades.
    Cingular Premier deals are individually negotiated for each company. For mine the upgrades are every 90 days (four times a year). But I've heard some who can upgrade every 30 days.

Well the thing is, with Cingular Priemere, you don't need to have a BES BB. They allow you to upgrade your phone yearly, if your buisness(s) has a partnership with them. I.E. I was able to upgrade a Cingular SYNC to my current 7130c just because the USAF has a partnership with Cingular Primere.

BTW, you can check to see if your company has a partnership with Cingular Priemere by going to:

https://www.wireless.att.com/busines...equestid=15339

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    Cingular Premier deals are individually negotiated for each company. For mine the upgrades are every 90 days (four times a year). But I've heard some who can upgrade every 30 days.

Well, aren't you lucky. I'm suprized the USAF even has a partnership with Cingular. BTW, what company are you with?

Dubdub no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23FEFDC4

If TMO meets your needs and works where you live, work, travel and play, then I would stay with them.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Don't switch carriers for a device (you'll see this posted over and over and over here and on other wireless forum sites). If your current carrier works for you then there's really no good reason to switch unless the new carrier offers comparable coverage and other beneifts.