I would love more flexibility when it comes to configuring shortcuts on my device. For ... General Blackberry forum

supraking no está en línea Stack level 1

Flexibility for configuring shortcut keys

Advertisement

I would love more flexibility when it comes to configuring shortcuts on my device. For example, I like the instant dialing/contact search from the home screen, but for keys I would rarely use (for example, X or Q), I'd like to be able to assign functions to them. Having just two keys for custom assignment isn't enough for me.

To get a little more general, more configuration options everywhere would be appreciated. Perfect example: I just upgraded to 4.2 on my 8700. I like the new OS and want to keep it, but the new unlocking keys (*+SEND) are really annoying (to some users). I miss the wheel unlock and wish that I could "turn off" the newer feature.

I think that's really the key to making a device more personal, is giving as many options as possible when it comes to look, feel, and functionality. I think this is where Apple misses the mark (though their market is clearly looking for "simple") and Microsoft goes off track (providing options for things people don't care about and no options for the important stuff).

I think that by moving in this direction, RIM will not only create devices that people become more emotionally and functionally attached to, but will increase customer value and will generate more buzz between users and non-users in the longrun.

paullamm no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319b4998

Re: Flexibility for configuring shortcut keys

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i use a home screen "Launcher" from www.software-for-blackberry.com. It allows you to set-up about 10 shortcuts. If you hit the space key, you can also use your speed dials. It should be available under 3rd party apps on Pinstack.