It would be handy if you could select if the led flashes or not in ... General Blackberry forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

flashing led

Advertisement

It would be handy if you could select if the led flashes or not in profiles. I find the led great for telling me I missed a call and stuff. But when I'm driving at night its annoying as I have a holder on my dash for my pearl. It have to put it face down on the seat. I would find the option very usefull. And when connected to my car kit if the phone would go to a specific profile.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: flashing led

the flashing red led is for emails, text, or bbm notification, I don't think its for missed calls. You can always turn off led flashing anytime under your profiles. open up profiles - scroll down to advance - open your profile (ie normal) - phone - change repeat notifications to none or led flashing. hopefully that helps.
    Last edited by Ranz; 09-22-2007 at 04:59 PM.

flyychik05 no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: flashing led

Also, if you go to Device Options > Screen/Keyboard>, then scroll down to LED Coverage Indicator, and turn it to OFF, it will take care of that problem.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by flyychik05
    Also, if you go to Device Options > Screen/Keyboard>, then scroll down to LED Coverage Indicator, and turn it to OFF, it will take care of that problem.
    Agreed.

jalm1 no está en línea Stack level 2

yeah you can turn it off, i am hoping for somthing in the future where the LED will turn off once the red * is gone. ie, after you have viewed the message list and "seen" what new messages are there. that would be great. that way i dont have to open a message and then mark it as unopened just for the led to turn off when i want to keep the message marked unopen.

resolution no está en línea Stack level 1

please dont give wrong infomation, that option only turns of the coverage indicator, so it will not flash green when you are in data coverage, it wont stop the led from flashing red when you recieve a message.

tiagoped no está en línea Stack level 2

Any answer?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

flyychik05 no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by resolution
    please dont give wrong infomation, that option only turns of the coverage indicator, so it will not flash green when you are in data coverage, it wont stop the led from flashing red when you recieve a message.
    Actually i wasn't giving wrong information. If you follow those steps, the led won't flash continuously and distract him while he is driving at night, but will still flash red if he gets messages or misses calls. And somebody agreed so I guess it wasn't all that wrong huh? However, thanks for your concern....

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Actually i wasn't giving wrong information. If you follow those steps, the led won't flash continuously and distract him while he is driving at night, but will still flash red if he gets messages or misses calls. And somebody agreed so I guess it wasn't all that wrong huh? However, thanks for your concern....
    resolution our Stackers do their best to help each other, that is the beauty of this helpful site.
    flyychick was not wrong in her info, she was offering an alternative to your problem which may not have solved it completely but was not wrong.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

MADDENCHAMP no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did you try turning the led flashing off in your profile? Go to messages and turn that off. Put none and should solve your problem

Dragoneer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDENCHAMP
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~did you try turning the led flashing off in your profile? Go to messages and turn that off. Put none and should solve your problem
    I can't find any flashing led options for messages in my profiles (I'm using 8700g w/ OS 4.2). If you were referring to general options in messages - options/general options/display new message indicator, theb that option is not for turning the flashing led on or off.

What OS version are you using?

Do any one of you have flashing led options in your profiles?