just need to find out if you can upload the latest device firmware to a ... General Blackberry forum

COR-Berry no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Firmware upgrade

Advertisement

just need to find out if you can upload the latest device firmware to a handheld wirelessly using BES?

rpool no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Firmware upgrade

No.

It requires the Desktop Manager, the firmware files, and a USB cable to load.

I think Goodlink will do firmware upgrades wirelessly, but not BES.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

I have talked to BES admins that say they do it. You would have to talk directly to RIM for that, your Wireless provider, be it TMO, Cingular/At&t would not support it.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

eviljonny no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, but you need to be a BES admin. Can push any number of applications and patches from the BES out to everyone or just a specific group og BB users. If you are not a BES admin then I assume you are trying to load the "firmware" OTA because you do not have local admin rights on your desktop. Baaad Boy!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I've never tried from our BES, I can push applications, but never has to push an OS.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

COR-Berry no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by eviljonny
    Yes, but you need to be a BES admin. Can push any number of applications and patches from the BES out to everyone or just a specific group og BB users. If you are not a BES admin then I assume you are trying to load the "firmware" OTA because you do not have local admin rights on your desktop. Baaad Boy!
    I am the BES Admin as well as the device/handheld admin, I just need to upgrade some 7250 devices firmware from v4.0 to v4.1 (DST Patch), but some users don't like to let go of their device for just a few hours. Some are even 'afraid' about the new features/functionality the new firmware might bring upon.