I have downloaded MyAlarm. To have it work properly you have to enable the firewall, ... General Blackberry forum

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Firewall enabled; can not use TeleNav

Advertisement

I have downloaded MyAlarm. To have it work properly you have to enable the firewall, but by doing this it will not let TeleNav access the server for directions.... Keep getting "failed - retry." What can I do to have TeleNav work without disabling the firewall and then enabling the firewall once I am done so MYAlarm will work???
    Any suggestions would be helpful....

Thank you in advance........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Firewall enabled; can not use TeleNav

That's why I gave up on myalarm and broke down and bought mobylo's multialarm......it was worth the money to not be hassled by the firewall issue. That was the solution best for me, hopefully someone can help you find a setting to change or something that will help you. If not check out a trial of the mobylo multialarm at the pinstack store.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post
    That's why I gave up on myalarm and broke down and bought mobylo's multialarm......it was worth the money to not be hassled by the firewall issue. That was the solution best for me, hopefully someone can help you find a setting to change or something that will help you. If not check out a trial of the mobylo multialarm at the pinstack store.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanx for the advise, much appreciated.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

I went ahead and deleted the program..... I will try to get another program for multiAlarms.. The program that was referred to me is not compatible with the Curve 8310..... I will be looking for another program... Thanx!

Gina-TeleNav no está en línea Sponsor

Simply having a firewall does not prevent TeleNav GPS Navigator from functioning, but your permission settings can. Go to Options > Advanced > Applications > TeleNav > Edit Permissions and make sure all the settings (particularly Connections, though the others help too) are set to Allow. If issues persist, call us from a land line at 888.353.6284 and we can assist you in real-time.

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

Quote Originally Posted by Gina-TeleNav View Post
    Simply having a firewall does not prevent TeleNav GPS Navigator from functioning, but your permission settings can. Go to Options > Advanced > Applications > TeleNav > Edit Permissions and make sure all the settings (particularly Connections, though the others help too) are set to Allow. If issues persist, call us from a land line at 888.353.6284 and we can assist you in real-time.

Thank you! I will give it a try.....

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

It worked.......Thanx allot!

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I will call the number; it is not working anymore.
    I have followed your instructions and I keep getting an error message.
    Error: "Failed to connect to the server; try again later."
    Soon as I disable the firewall it connects right away!
    I will call the 888 number after work today.

Thank you!