Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I was surfing around and seen a stacker who was a member since Jan 2008 ... General Blackberry forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question do you find your self posting in pinstack less the longer you're a member

Advertisement

I was surfing around and seen a stacker who was a member since Jan 2008 and has well over 200 posts. It made me think of when I first signed up. I posted every chance i got. Now it seems I'm browsing more than anything, kinda lurking in the background seeing what everyone else has to say. I'll have an idea here and there or maybe a great comment but I'm nowhere near as active towards posting as I was. It's like I'm turning into an elderly stacker.....I'm going to go get into my rocking chair and widdle a tooth pick

sorry if I posted in the wrong forum..it seems my eye sight is going too

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ummm---i find that I have "waves" of activity....it depends on the atmosphere around here...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    I was surfing around and seen a stacker who was a member since Jan 2008 and has well over 200 posts. It made me think of when I first signed up. I posted every chance i got. Now it seems I'm browsing more than anything, kinda lurking in the background seeing what everyone else has to say. I'll have an idea here and there or maybe a great comment but I'm nowhere near as active towards posting as I was. It's like I'm turning into an elderly stacker.....I'm going to go get into my rocking chair and widdle a tooth pick

sorry if I posted in the wrong forum..it seems my eye sight is going too

sooooooooo hilarious .. cuz i thought it was just that was going through that "Senior Stacker Blues" hahahahahaha. It also feels .. as of late .. like there are sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many stackers now .. that it's hard to keep track of a thread.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Same thing. I find it difficult to post now that I am back in college 2 nights a week and don't stay up as late as I used to.
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 04-17-2008 at 01:06 PM.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157
    I post where I can help. I don't know if I've really slowed down or not.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Great question!
    I believe it relates to my level of passion for the BlackBerry platform & all it does for me. I spend some of my extra time that the BB frees up for me on PinStack as I like to give back by helping others. That said, I also believe in supporting this excellent forum through my premium membership. It has, & continues to be a great resource, that without, many people would struggle to learn their devices. So in my case the answer is no I do not post less, I actually post more.

Cheers!
    via: BlackBerry 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I try as much to help out as possible. Just like Ziminvades, my post is starting to slow down. lol

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    I don't post as much now as I used to but I was in the rocking chair when I joined. I search the threads for help and ideas, and most of the time the questions asked are already answered that I could help with. This is just a fun and interesting place to hang out, and learn about all the bb devices out there.

mcm180 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    mcm180

tell me about it !!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by CMangum View Post
    I don't post as much now as I used to but I was in the rocking chair when I joined. I search the threads for help and ideas, and most of the time the questions asked are already answered that I could help with. This is just a fun and interesting place to hang out, and learn about all the bb devices out there.

i know right!?!, for real though, by the time i come across someone who needs help, and get the information i want to relay, at least two or three people have already answered. I used to check for unanswered threads constantly just so i could be the first one to help a struggling crackberry out. I know some stackers, especially ones that are up at 1, 2, 3, 4 in the morning still do that as well. lol

I'm finding threads and postings a little silly sometimes though. It seems that people are lazy and/or have internalized instant gratification too much and don't take the time to search the forums, or google, or even their phones/manuals for answers, they just wanna post their problem and get a solution ASAP... that's why I get a kick out of the responses that direct people to former threads.

I think those are personal issues though.

Nonetheless, with a lot of the newbie or silly questions getting answered instantly, combined with me having a lot less bb problems and actually becoming quite the BB expert for allllll my friends that have jumped on the band-wagon finally and gotten a BB for themselves, my posting tendencies are dwindling .

Thanks for the post... really made me experience a rather introspective moment. heheheheheh

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Just had another thought to share.
    What's really important to new people is response time to their question.

While I find PinStack exceptionally fast, I don't take that for granted. Therefore it's just one more reason I spend as much time here as I can, giving back.
    Without PinStack I would not have the skills or the fun I have, with what has now become my _vast_ collection of BlackBerrys.....

~via BB 8120 (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by ziminvades View Post
    Now it seems I'm browsing more than anything, kinda lurking in the background seeing what everyone else has to say. I'll have an idea here and there or maybe a great comment but I'm nowhere near as active towards posting as I was.
    Pinstack is here for us to learn, enjoy and, when you feel you have a contribution, post. We're happy to have a great community of all type of BB users. The differences help make it work well.

I say whittle your toothpick when you want to and log in and browse when you want to ... and don't worry about it.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It will be interesting to see how much I slow down in time..........I've only been a member for less than 4 months.......the first couple weeks.....mostly lurking, reading, asking a question or two..........

Now that I'm starting to master the basics.......I like helping other new users.......and I post a lot on the premium word association threads so that's why my stack level is so high already

But I'm still learning sooooo much. Every day I read threads that don't pertain to my needs at the moment, but I read them so I have the info for the future, or so I can point other stackers in the direction of a possible solution to their problem.

I'm on Pinstack for at least a couple hours every day. Right now there's no sign of me slowing down, but I'm sure I will in time.......or maybe not.....the Blackberry/Pinstack addiction is pretty intense!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME
    When I first became a member I thought it would take FOREVER to get to that next stack level (which was only a few hundred I think ) now I'm at around 2100...OY I have not slowed down I have sped up....
    Full speed ahead.......lol
    Providing customers with the latest in news and info along with experienced one on one tech support, training, product sales, exclusive themes and more.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I think I post more now that I have been a member longer.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    eh...i go in spurts too with all the new bb's that have come out over the last two years, RIM has won a lot of new customers, and we have gained a lot of new friends

all moderator duties aside, i tend to post mainly in the themes forum. i try to let the easier posts be answered by someone else, bc its good practice

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast