If there are people here who have accounts with Fidelity, can you verify whether you ... General Blackberry forum

NickAC no está en línea Stack level 3

Fidelity mobile on Blackberry

Advertisement

If there are people here who have accounts with Fidelity, can you verify whether you can log in to their mobile site using a Blackberry? I have tried & tried with my 9700 and it simply will not accept my log-in. I did this while I was on the phone with them and they said it was showing incorrect password. The address is:

http://www.fidelity.mobi/fiw/FiwHome

I had just logged in to the main site, so my PW was fresh in my head. And I tried several times being very careful and slow to make sure I typed it in correctly. I have logged into many other sites with the BB, so I'm pretty comfortable using the keyboard even when the screen just shows **** in the PW field. I even tried typing the PW into a notepad (erasing it immediately of course! ) just to make sure it was correct.

I tried using native browser, Opera Mini, and Bolt but no luck on any of em

The only thing they could suggest is "contact AT&T"

I haven't yet had a chance to test it out on a different smartphone.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    I have a Fidelity account but I won't ever log in to that account OR my bank account for security reasons. Call me an "old foggie" but you're transmitting important data over the air waves when you do that. I don't care how secure they say it is - as a 3x ID theft loser I'm not taking the chance.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

miltw3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I did it with my 9700 using the above address using the standard browser and it seems to work fine. Log in and displayed all of my accounts. I'm using OS5 version .743. Hope that helps

jblackfish: You make a good point. I also don't normally do banking from my BB. Security is part of it - also just more difficult than doing it on a computer.

miltw3: Thanks for verifying. I'm using OS 5, .405 - don't know if it's an OS thing or something with my account with them or something with my browser settings. But glad it's working for you.

Well, I found out what happened. The PW is limited to 12 characters & I had been using longer than that. When I first set it up, it just ignored everything past 12 characters. All this time I was typing the whole PW not even realizing that cause the log in screen also simply ignored everything past the 12th character! For some strange reason, the mobile website does accept more than 12 characters into the PW field so it was reading an incorrect PW.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Glad you got is figured out, Nick.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com