If I want the following, what should my connection settings be? - No data plan ... General Blackberry forum

Gigamaster89 no está en línea Stack level 3

Few questions about my new BB 8120.

Advertisement

If I want the following, what should my connection settings be?

- No data plan but still use the browser via wifi.
    - Do not ever use Edge.

And also, if you don't have UMA but your phone shows that your connected regardless, and you make calls, that will only subtract from your regular voice plan and you won't be additionally charged right?

As of right now, under Browser>Options, my Browser is listed as Hotspot Browser, is that correct for wifi browsing?

Under manage connections in Mobile Network options, should data services be on or off? What should I have for connection preference?

Also, when I hit the escape key while in a browser and go back to my main menu, the browser is no longer connected right?

Anything else I should know, feel free. Thanks

(Currently, I'm in my basement where there is no network reception, my phone shows Wifi darkened in, uma, and Tmobile - Home.)

EDIT:

- Is there a way to set it so that when you hit the back/escape key on a program, it will log off of it?

- Is there a way to set it so that when you go into an application, it will go to the home of that program instead of the last place you were? For example, I'm on my address book looking at one of my contacts data, then I exit the program...when I go back to the program, it's still at that contacts data instead of the main screen.

- No multiple alarms?
    Last edited by Gigamaster89; 05-27-2008 at 07:51 PM.