Timesfreepress.com : Local BlackBerry Users Empathize with Obama's Desire to Keep His BlackBerry Presidents throughout ... General Blackberry forum

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Fellow Crackberry's Understand Exactly How It Feels...

Advertisement

Timesfreepress.com:

Local BlackBerry Users Empathize with Obama's Desire to Keep His BlackBerry

Presidents throughout history have sacrificed much of their personal lives when they took office, but one of Barack Obama’s toughest sacrifices is something Washington, Lincoln and both Roosevelts never had to consider: giving up his BlackBerry.
    According to published reports, security officials have told the president-elect that the device is not secure enough to meet standards and the system could be hacked and messages intercepted.
    White House attorneys also have cautioned that the device could be subpoenaed, potentially making public any personal messages sent through it, according to reports.
    “I’m still clinging to my BlackBerry,” Mr. Obama told The New York Times. “They’re going to pry it out of my hands.”
    In the words of another Democratic president, local BlackBerry users can feel his pain.
    “It would be like I was totally disconnected, like someone had amputated my right arm,” said Linda McReynolds, vice president of the United Way of Chattanooga and a self-described “Crackberry” addict.
    Ms. McReynolds, 61, said she receives 50 to 75 e-mails on her BlackBerry every day. She can’t imagine Mr. Obama losing such an important tool on the first day of one of the world’s most stressful jobs.
    “I can empathize with him,” she said. “We should start our own support group.”
    Shawn Roberts, 25, an IT administrator at a Trenton, Ga., construction company, got a glimpse of what it is like to lose the gadget when he recently left his BlackBerry at home. He explained his problem to his boss, a fellow BlackBerry user, who let Mr. Roberts off the clock to drive home to North Chattanooga to pick up the device.

“You can really feel hurt if it’s taken away or if it goes dead,” he said.
    Derrick Mull, a 24-year-old bookkeeper in Chickamauga, Ga., is a recent convert, having purchased his BlackBerry in October.
    “Just having it makes you feel good because you know everything is right there on your phone,” he said.

[Read Full Article]
    Last edited by Lavagirl; 01-20-2009 at 04:10 AM.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    We're a sick lot, aren't we?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Just a little. You sick bastards
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    LOL! Takes one to know one!

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    Might he be here?!?

"Hey, Stackers... The nuclear launch codes do not seem to work on my BB... Anybody can help?"

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F
    ...where is Balsillie now that we need him