Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I read a thread a few days ago where someone asked if they experienced a ... General Blackberry forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

Fall Back Early

Advertisement

I read a thread a few days ago where someone asked if they experienced a similiar problem they had had... which was their BB set itself back an hour. Everyone who replied said no.

Well I have a theory. Last year our "Fall Back" occured on the last sunday of October. This year it will occur on the first sunday of November. Why? Well because this whole 60 sec a day, 60 min an hr, 24 hr a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year... doesn't quite equal 365 days somehow. There are holes. The whole calendar as we know it is flawed. This is why we have leap years every four years. And every so often there are 2 full moons in one month, as well as time seeming to speed up or slow down which results in having to change the Daylight Savings Time. Time doesn't literally speed up or slow down, it just feels that way because the earth enters a particular season too early or too late.

The result... people with one time setting on their devices will have Daylight Savings Time automatically change with last years calender, and people with a different setting (which I believe to be Network Controlled) will have it changed when scheduled. This is why a few experienced an automatic fall back a week early, but most of us haven't.

Yeah weird... but it just goes to show that time isn't anything special, it's just a unit of measurement. There's no mystical thing about how it works and if we can change it in anyway... the units we use for time like the second, the minute, the hour, the day, the year, decade, etc... are just like the millimeter, centimeter, meter, kilometer, etc.
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Fall Back Early

Actually there was a patch for the change of Daylight Savings.

Meaning the people who didn't apply the patch with older OSs had this happen. Then the people that applied the patch or upgraded to and OS with the patch it won't happen until the corrected time.

Info here
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ings_time.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...es_2007_a.html

synik103 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    OICU812

here's my question, apologies if this is threadjacking... do I REALLY need to install a patch for DST? I dont use network time, so can't I just reset the time when I reset all my other clocks???
    The above commentary is for entertainment purposes only. If this was actual joke the tone you just heard would have been followed by emergency response information. It's supposed to be fun people.

PIN/ID
    n/a

Hmm. Patch. New it had something to do on the user's end... still weird though. Very very weird. Crazy time thingee!
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by synik103 View Post
    here's my question, apologies if this is threadjacking... do I REALLY need to install a patch for DST? I dont use network time, so can't I just reset the time when I reset all my other clocks???

Not really sure. Might as well wait and see. For the most part the patch was really designed for BES since they were all synced up and all the devices needed to be synced to the same time as well.

Not sure how it will affect you if you don't install it.

gkast1 no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by synik103 View Post

I described in another thread how the DST patch killed my BB and I had to remove it. So I will go through again what I went through last change, namely, having to remember that time displayed is 1 hr off!

No, I never found a way to set the time myself, I doubt one exists. No, I never noticed any negative effects because of the 1 hr time discrepancy (note, I have BIS; can't tell about BES)

Fiasco no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20D434D0
    Quote Originally Posted by gkast1 View Post
    I described in another thread how the DST patch killed my BB and I had to remove it. So I will go through again what I went through last change, namely, having to remember that time displayed is 1 hr off!

No, I never found a way to set the time myself, I doubt one exists. No, I never noticed any negative effects because of the 1 hr time discrepancy (note, I have BIS; can't tell about BES)
    You can change the time manually, just make sure you also set your BB time to not autosync with your network or RIM.

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco View Post
    You can change the time manually, just make sure you also set your BB time to not autosync with your network or RIM.

On a 7105t, running 4.0.2.xxx ? I'll be happy to try it if you can tell me how.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

I'm so glad I don't have to worry about DST Now you guys will finally be a little closer in time to me
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    I'm so glad I don't have to worry about DST Now you guys will finally be a little closer in time to me

...as compared to closer in space to you, Lavagirl

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Josh is so stuck in NY time its funny... LOL

PIN/ID
    244F596F

Quote Originally Posted by StaceyRVC View Post
    Josh is so stuck in NY time its funny... LOL

Hey Stacey, I suppose L.I. has its own time zone ?

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

But we who have os 4.2 and up don't need the patch? Right. The patch is allready applied!
    ~posted via opera mini~

PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by gkg3059 View Post
    But we who have os 4.2 and up don't need the patch? Right. The patch is allready applied!
    if you have an updated OS.

PIN/ID
    n/a

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just watched my BB turn from 1:59 to 1:00. Trippy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast